Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Added by Mar02x on 11-19-2011

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 10
Reviews by Aethien:
3.18/5  rDev -8.1%

Appearance: Dark orangy yellow with a small white head.

Smell: even though it's advertised as an IPA I don't smell any of the typical bitter hops and pineapple that I expected, in fact it smells much more like a strong pale ale with some spices, a little banana and citrus.

Taste & Mouthfeel: Some grain, lemon peel, some spices near the end, quite dry and only at the very end do I find some hoppy bitterness lingering on my tongue. Good mouthfeel though, crispy and quite carbonated.

Overall: I'm disappointed, none of the typical hop flavours. Had this been marketed as a pale ale I would have rated it higher as it's a nice and refreshing beer, just not much of an IPA.

3.06/5  rDev -11.6%

This beer is something special because it is brewed by women only! Five Dutch women to be exactly. Let see if they can brew.

A - A crystal clear yellow fluid with a nice white full head . The head slowly retracts into a fluffy substance.

S - Some vague hoppyness.

T - Wow! this beer is having more bitterness than my ex-girlfriend. This is a real IPA although the ABV is slightly left behind, it could have been more. The beer could have some more sweetness because I find it to dry.

M - Good medium carbonation makes a drinkable beer, but what a bitterness in the end.

O - To bitter for my liking, nevertheless its a good beer.

4.05/5  rDev +17.1%

L:
-pours a cloudy orange-bronze with a big,frothy,white head
-chunks of yeast visible
F:
-medium-high carbonation,medium body
-noticable alcohol-warming
O:
Really different kind of IPA.
Somewhat like a mix between a Tripel and an IPA.
I really liked it.

3.5/5  rDev +1.2%

I did a little search before I open this bottle, and is registered on both the sites I use in order to find information about a beer, as an IPA. I would say that this was my first IPA but actually it tastes very similar to a belgian strong ale.
A 330 ml bottle, with the silliest label I've seen on a beer, just the two eyes of a woman, looking at me, trying to seduce me (?), then the beer's name and on te bottom the words "By women". Poured into my sort-of-tulip glass, this bottle gave me a deep orange coloured beer, with one finger of white head, a few bubbles rising to the top and lots of tiny things floating in it, I guess is unfiltered, although I didn't find any info about that.On the second pour the beer was even more hazy.
Aroma is sort of fruity, with just some hoppy and citrus notes, as described on the bottle.
Taste is bitter as expected, and even more bitter on the aftertaste. Very pleasantly drinkable, although maybe I should have left it a bit more in the fridge.
On the body it has medium thickness, and light carbonation.
Hmm, not a bad one, but if this is how IPA's taste like, then according to the popularity of the genre this must have been a poor sample.

3.7/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

3.25/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Tasty Lady from Brouwerij De Eem
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.