Experimental Red | Green Flash Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Green Flash Brewing Co.
greenflashbrew.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by ffejherb on 07-19-2009

3.41/5  rDev 0%

On tap at Green Flash brewery on 7/10/09. I understood this to be a version of Hop Head Red with a different yeast strain.

A - Slightly hazy reddish bronze body with subtle carbonation and creamy, one-finger light tan head that retained well but left only some patchy lacing around the glass.

S - Malty nose with burnt sugar, caramel and toffee notes as well as subtle floral hops. I also detect a hint of bready malt and mild spices reminiscent of cinnamon.

T - This is not as hoppy as I expected. Instead, this is a malt-forward brew with a sweet, bready malt character and some candy-like caramel sweetness. Hops are light and floral at first, but then segue into a more earthy, herbal character in the finish.

M - Medium bodied with a part syrupy/part watery texture, resulting in a somewhat creamy mouthfeel. Moderately carbonated, but there's not much prickle at all. Bittersweet finish on the palate.

D - Nothing spectacular with this brewery-only release, unfortunately. I found this to be a bit too plain and malt-forward for my tastes. I'd stick with the Hop Head Red.

Experimental Red from Green Flash Brewing Co.