Coffee Redneck Alt | Country Boy Brewing

countryboybrewing.com

Style: Altbier

Added by mrfrancis on 07-09-2012

3.08/5  rDev 0%

A: Pours a clear golden amber with a thin, clinging white mousse.

S: Immediately after pouring, a huge coffee aroma hits the nose and doesn't let up until the beer has warmed and settled a bit. Afterwards, gentle scents of nuts and caramel emerge.

T: Much like the nose, the mouth is initially gripped by an incredibly strong coffee taste, which very slowly allows traces of nut, caramel, biscuit,and mineral flavors to shine through. The finish is very dry and clipped with an overwhelming coffee flavor again taking hold.

M: Medium-to-full in body and very dry. Carbonation is surprisingly intense.

O: Honestly, this beer just isn't my cup of tea. I enjoy Country Boy Brewing's regular Redneck Alt quite a bit, but the coffee flavor in this special edition is really too powerful for my liking. I'd say that people who are fans of coffee, but not necessarily fans of beer may enjoy this ale. I doubt I'll be having this one again.

Coffee Redneck Alt from Country Boy Brewing