Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Dry Stout | I & I Brewing

Reviews by DoubleJ:
3.48/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.25

Served on-tap at the source itself in a plastic 14 ounce cup. On to the beer:

The color is right, as it's black. Topping it is a tanned head which retains well and leaves streaks of lacing around the cup. It smells very roasty, almost like coffee, yet it is isn't. Although a singular aroma, it performs well on its own. The beer starts to get bittersweet (not literally, but figuratively) with a taste. The pleasing roastiness found in the aroma seeps into the flavor, and there's a kiss of lactose sweetness which adds a second dimension. A third dimension is a faint phenolic note, which gives the beer a light medicinal flavor. Well, there goes the "on the mark" comment which I was about to drop. Not all is lost though; that full bodied feel is great and offers a creamy texture.

As it stands, it's a decent attempt. Without that unfortunate phenolic note, it could easily be better.

Dry Stout from I & I Brewing