Love Belgian Beer?

Added by FosterJM on 05-28-2012

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
2.91/5  rDev -19.4%

On-tap at I&I

Nearly black in color with a khaki colored head. Roasted malt and a bit of sour fruit. Some mild coffee, sort of acrid and acidic overall. Not really any chocolate aromas, either. The flavor is perhaps worse. The acidity and sourness come through even more. A bit of tart fruit, some coffee, and an intense roasted malt flavor. I don’t pick up much of the oatmeal at all, unfortunately.

3.98/5  rDev +10.2%

1314th Review on BA
Draft to Pint

@I&I

App- A medium colored brown with a little bit of a garnet sheen around the edges. A puffy slow receding two finger head formed and left some great cling.

Smell- A bit of coffee on the nose but with the malts they used just happened to turn out this way. A hefty oatmeal flake flavor wofts up with a bit of creaminess behind that.

Taste- A very solid oatmeal stout. A bit of the creaminess follows the flavors. A semi rich roasty flavor with a solid malt backbone.

Mouth- A medium body with a medium carbonation level. A little bit of a dark cherry flavor on the finish.

Drink- It's good. One of the better oatmeal stouts I have had.

Oatmeal Stout from I & I Brewing
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.