Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Style: Dubbel

Added by UCLABrewN84 on 05-29-2013

Reviews by Furlinator:
3.74/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours hazy brown with a thin head that disappears quickly and leaves very little lacing.

Smell is mostly banana with faint caramel and some musty citrus.

Taste is banana with some molasses and caramel sweetness up front and some tart citrus on the finish. Banana flavor is not overpowering, nor is the sweetness and the ABV is well hidden.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied and creamy with low carbonation.

An interesting and unique dubbel. Very drinkable, despite the 9.3% ABV. A solid effort.

3.47/5  rDev -8.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap at I & I Brewing in Chino, CA.

Pours a murky brown with a foamy khaki head that settles to wisps of film on top of the beer. Small dots of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of malt, brown sugar, banana, and caramel aromas. Taste is much the same with banana and caramel flavors on the finish. There is a mild amount of spice bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer with an interesting banana presence in the aroma and flavor.

4.2/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Banana Dubbel from I & I Brewing