Calypso Wheat Ale | Relic Brewing Co

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Added by nebula1999 on 03-26-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
2.99/5  rDev n/a

Pours light yellow-gold with very thin white head.

Fleeting aromas that briefly convince me this is a wheat ale. A lot of spice in there from the hop as well.

Taste is very sharp and spicy. I really am detecting some rye in here, but I think it’s just the calypso hop. Abrasive spiciness, actually. Hmm.

Mouthfeel is, well, abrasive. None of the expected softness from a wheat ale. Beer was nearly flat too, and did not hold its carbonation well in the growler which was opened only 2 days after filling and kept in the fridge. It left me full feeling. Not sure this beer/hop works for me. Not horrible, but I don’t think I expected this one to be so spicy.

First available 3-22-13.