Sit Down Or I'll Sit You Down

Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Sit Down Or I'll Sit You DownSit Down Or I'll Sit You Down
Notes: The intent is to exhibit the fresh and bright character of the hops. We dry hopped it with over a pound of hops per barrel of beer. It's gold in color and the floral ester aroma is high. The hop bitterness is high, but not at all harsh. The hop flavor is high, fresh, and lively. Yet with all of our beers, it's all about balance and this one is no exception. The malt character is fairly high and provides a tremendously full mouthfeel. Finally, the alcohol in this beer is intentionally present (and delicious).

Reviews: 9 | Ratings: 115 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Thankin_Hank from Texas

4.04/5  rDev -2.4%

Looks great for a DIPA with a thick and lasting head. Hop aroma is not as strong as most DIPAs I’ve been drinking lately. Neither is it as sweet tasting but taste is good. It’s easy drinking, goes down smooth and creamy and has a slight bitterness on the back end. Overall a good beer.

Jul 24, 2018
gr8ful from Texas

4.22/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very good, solid IIPA.
poured from growler purchased today at Whats on Tap in Highland Village, Tx.
nice golden amber color with frothy head that dissipates kind of quickly. little to no lacing. more or less opaque.
nice hoppy aroma but not as aromatic as I would have liked. not bad at all, but just "good" aroma.
it tastes hoppier than it smells, which is a little odd based on my experience. not bad..just different. it is bitter as the 90 IBU attests but not so much you can't drink it. i like hoppy beers BTW.
10% ABV...it is alcohol-forward, and proud of it. The obvious taste of alcohol works better in this beer than in most. I can't explain why...it just does.
Overall...just a really good solid DIPA. Pretty much everything Peticolas Brewing turns out is really, really good and this is no exception.
Oh yeah...go to the website and find out about the origin of the name of this beer. it will not be what you think!

May 15, 2016
PurveyorOfAwesome from Texas

4.6/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'm not one to break down all points, but I was truly impressed by this beer. I found the hop flavor to be extremely tasty, very full, having little of the bitterness I was expecting in a DIPA. Peticolas seems to find a way to add great flavor to their beers without unwanted troupes.

Give this Imperial IPA a chance. I think you'll find a very drinkable DIPA, which will find you disliking some of the other more bitter tasting IPA's from your past.

Dec 18, 2015
mushroomcloud from Texas

3.58/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

HARSH HARSH HARSH
The hop aroma is there - smells pretty good. None of that is present in the taste..all I got was harsh, bitterness and not much flavor. a little out of balance to me.
Will probably pass on this one in the future.

Aug 09, 2015
Beer-Revelry from Texas

4.01/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Had on tap at Jul's asian fusion bistro in Tyler, TX. Surprisingly opaque, impossible to see through. Very creamy and orange flavored, reminds me of a more bitter and citrusy adult Orange Julius.

Jun 20, 2015
Diggity_Dave from Texas

4.63/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I've attended two of the Peticolas Brewing Company events in Dallas, TX, and I had a great time at each one. Their hosts, servers, and staff are extremely approachable and very knowledgeable about the product. I've really enjoyed Great Scott, Velvet Hammer, and Sit Down or I'll Sit You Down as my favorites. I've tried just about everything else they've offered, and I can't say I've ever been disappointed, and considering how picky I am about my beer, that's saying a lot for me.

Mr. Peticolas and his wife are charming, engaging, and have an infectious passion for what they do. While the beer is rock solid, it's all the other little things you learn abut the people that work so hard behind the scenes that makes me want to support this company.

May 17, 2015
AaronTX from Texas

4.5/5  rDev +8.7%

Very solid DIPA. Had it this weekend at the brewery during the tour. Really enjoyed the facility, meeting Michael, and just hanging out here. Dallas craft beer scene is amazing.

Sep 08, 2014
MattSweatshirt from Texas

4.16/5  rDev +0.5%

Clear darker golden body with a white head that leaves light lacing.

Intoxicatingly sweet citrusy floral nose. Mandarin orange, apricot, peach, and a touch of dankness.

Fairly heavy bitterness and lots if hop flavor coming in orange, grape fruity with that bitterness, apricot, and peach. Some bready malt sneaks in there.

Sep 25, 2013
Ranz from Texas

4.6/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'm excited to be the first on here to review Michael's newest brew.

A: Golden-amber, it has a soft head, about a finger in width, that produces some extra frothiness. Lacing clumps to the glass with character.

S: Sharp, pungent floral notes, including an herbal singe, is present. You can tell already that the alcohol is high, but it's not overwhelming. The aroma approaches barleywine qualities, which is something I like in DIPAs or IIPAs.

T: The pound of hops definitely says, "Hi!" here--the alcohol has a nice bite and heft to it, and the malt subtly kicks in on the aftertaste. It's actually one of the "breadiest" DIPAs I've experienced, and I like the unique flavor.

M: Strong and bold at the beginning with a soft and balanced finish, this leaves a characteristic piney citrus twang on the tongue atop the malt foundation. Like any good DIPA, it's fairly robust in its quasi-creamy texture.

O: Like all of Michael's beers, this is ridiculously drinkable for such an walloper, hence the name. This actually may supplant the Velvet as my favorite Peticolas drink, and that's saying something.

Sep 16, 2013