Experimental Hop 2014-1 | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Liked This Beer

Alströms:

4.25/5  rDev +13%

3.5/5  rDev -6.9%

4.31/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Served in a nonic glass at the brewery

A- Looks like a dark roast coffee, black with some light coming through with a off-white, slight mocha head.

S- I'm getting a distinct blueberry aroma here, which really surprised me as I've never gotten this much of a blueberry aroma from a beer before. Some light roast notes and a bit of tropical notes as well. This is one of the best smelling black IPAs I've encountered.

T- Nice bright bitterness and tropical notes from the aroma. A light roast character which is how I like my black IPAs

M- Medium, good carbonation and doesn't finish too dry.

O- This is a great black IPA that doesn't have too much dark roast flavor and a big bright bitterness with some tropical notes in the mix. This joins Founders Inspired Artist as my favorite examples of the style.

Experimental Hop 2014-1 from Bell's Brewery, Inc.
Beer rating: 0 out of 100 with 8 ratings