Old Beer Wagon | Backcountry Brewery

Backcountry Brewery
Colorado, United States
backcountrybrewery.com

Style: American Barleywine

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by ArrogantB on 03-03-2012

4.69/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

3.75/5  rDev +1.9%

3.75/5  rDev +1.9%

3.58/5  rDev -2.7%

On tap at the Falling Rock for barleywine month, served in a snifter. I'm pretty sure this is not the barrel-aged version because it just didn't have any barrel characteristics at all. Ruddy amber color, short head. Smells a little odd, mostly malts and fruit. Flavor is also kind of odd to me and I love barleywine. I'd have to say this tasted like an odd fruit to me, maybe figs? It was not bad by any means and I was glad to have ordered it. It must have a decently high ABV as well because I could feel it after one glass.

Old Beer Wagon from Backcountry Brewery