Old Superior Ale - Beer With Me!
S. C. Martens S. A.

Old Superior Ale - Beer With Me!Old Superior Ale - Beer With Me!
Beer Geek Stats:

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Old Superior Ale - Beer With Me!Old Superior Ale - Beer With Me!
Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3
1.62/5  rDev +18.2%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Buckeyeboy picked this up at Tres Bonne Cuisine on Overland in Boise. The shop/restaurant carries a bunch of Eastern Bloc beers and food products... The restaurant is actually pretty good, but most of the beers should be saved for post-Communism hardcore alcoholics.

From the bottle "This ale was selected to be imported to the US for its exquisite equilibrium of taste, the result of a harmonious combination of specific beer components and special double fermentation process. This unique beer, known in the Anglo-Saxon world since the eleventh century, has been prized by true connoisseurs for the past millennium."

Clear dark golden brew produces an instantaneous white head then nothing.

When Jeremy first opened it, I took a whiff and it literally took my breath away and made me gag... no joke. HUGE cheap vodka or even something that I associate with tequila.... I would assume that same vodka dissolved a bunch of artificial butterscotch candies.... Just terrible... There is nothing else that is discernible.

Rocket fuel soaked in hot garbage, diapers and cabbage... the burn down the gullet lasts and lasts...

Slippery light body with somehow a residual stickiness... horrible.

Jesus. This is so very terrible.

We actually tried lighting it on fire, and I was surprised we failed.

This is a new low for me.... no doubt.

3/1.5/1.5/1.75/1.5

Old Superior Ale - Beer With Me! from S. C. Martens S. A.