Bud Light Lime Apple-Ahhh-Rita

Notes:
View: Beers
Reviews: 17 | Ratings: 67 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.25/5  rDev +66%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

great fall beverage and this one taste just like a caramel apple and drinking is just as delicious as eating on. I would drink this one over and over in the fall

3.6/5  rDev +40.6%

I have been winnowing down the bottle backlog here at Chez Woody at the expense of The CANQuest (tm) when I realized that I have never reviewed this gem in a 25-fl. oz. CAN. Mmmm.

From the CAN: "Limited Fall Edition"; "Margarita with a Twist"; "Try It Over Ice!"

I really miss the aural aspect of CANs when I am reviewing bottles, so the Crack! in this case was music to my ears. The size of the CAN was too beaucoup for me to CANduct an inverted Glug, so I used a gentler version to deCANt the beer into my glass. It was very effervescent, but it produced no head whatsoever. It was very fizzy, though. Color was a beautiful Golden-Amber (SRM = > 5, < 7) with NE-plus quality clarity. The Gelt Gang of Mammon, Midas and Croesus stopped by for a taste and I used the time to smell it. It had a sweet apple juice/apple cider smell, so I give them points for truth in advertising. Mouthfeel was thin, watery, with a fizziness that I found interesting. It was very much alcopop and no wonder they felt CANpelled to label it as "Contains Alcohol" since it would be easy to get carried away with this at 8%. Phew. The taste was unmistakably apple, but it was not as sweet as the nose had led me to expect. We drank a bunch ciders last night, but they were very dry, while this was more semi-dry. The finish was pleasant, semi-dry and not as bad as I might have thought. More damning with faint praise.

2.55/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

236ml single can, at 6% ABV - AB-Inbev must be running out of '-rita'-ready flavours to work with, isn't this more of a '-tini' sort of fruit?

This beer pours a clear, pale golden yellow colour, with one finger of weakly puffy, and mostly just fizzy off-white head, which leaves nothing in the way of lace anywhere near the glass as it rashly blows off.

It smells like well-sweetened apple juice, maybe with a bit of lemon-lime soda mixed in, and very little else. The taste is more of the same - crackling apple juice, artificial sweetener, very subtle fake lime citrus notes, and hard water, where a bit of rice and corn walked through in rubber boots.

The carbonation is pretty tame, after blowing it all right up front, with barely a frothy tickle to be had, the body medium-light in weight, and pretty thin and watery, but smooth enough, I suppose. It finishes sweet, apple-fresh, and a bit limey, with just the slightest twinge of metallic alcohol.

Yep, another alcopop-esque offering where the '<insert_fruit_name> margarita flavour' predominates, which isn't hard to do with the base product, admittedly. Easy to put back, if you like candied apples, or apple-flavoured candies, or are just not into the taste of beer - i.e. the standard Bud Lime customer.

I am not a beer drinker in any way, I hate beer taste and the smell, all of them regardless the kids d. However a friend had one of the Apple-ritas and let me try it. I was hooked. It tastes just like apple juice. I love it. But unfortunately can't find if anywhere any lo g er. :-(

2.32/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

From the 8 fl.oz. can. Sampled on May 23, 2015.

It pours pale yellow with no head to speak of. Looks like a cider.

The aroma is mainly apples as expected but there is a touch of hard booze in there.

Light body.

The taste has many of the same qualities of a cider with a full apple note but the booze is full of alcohol and you get that.

1.75/5  rDev -31.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Pours just like a soda, there is a hiss of fizz and then the tiny head evaporates into nothing. No lacing observed whatsover. This really doesn't act like beer at all. Color is light gold, perfect clarity.

Strong artificial green apple candy aroma. Not completely off putting but way too sweet. A bit of alcohol as well.

Taste is actually harsher than expected. Lots of alcohol present, harsh and sickly sweet. Beyond cloying. Actually less palatable to me than other flavors in the line. The Mango for example actually hid its abv fairly well. A lot of cheap nasty off brand malt liquors also have this same green apple flavor (possibly Acetaldehyde off flavor). Here it is on purpose and slightly more tolerable since its actually intended to taste like apple and there is a bit of a baking spice thing going on, at least for a moment before it is overwhelmed by the harsh alcohol bite. But nevertheless if the intended beer flavor actually reminds you of a common beer off flavor...that's pretty bad.

Overall I'd say go with any of the other flavors in the product line, unless the idea of a cheap high gravity macro apple cider appeals to you.

3.31/5  rDev +29.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bud Light Lime APPLE-AHHH-RITA
25 oz. can

Just like all of the secondary Bud-Light-Lime-Ahh-Rita's this is just another version of a malternative that doesn't really go anywhere. It's decent enough if you want a sweet apple flavored "cocktail", but it doesn't really impress, and it's certainly not a beer. On the other hand, as I've previously stated regarding all of these "beers", they have their time and place. To its benefit, apple, just like banana, seems to be a flavor that can be artificially replicated and still seem fairly authentic. It's a touch over the top, but it never seems fake. On the other hand, for this to be a "MARGARITA WITH A TWIST" I'd expect a little bit of tequila flavoring added as well and I just don't really get it. I'm sure it's there, but to me this seems more like a cider version of a margarita.

This is beer? More like malt liquor, but I digress. This is one of the better versions of the Lime-A-Rita line, but that is still not saying much. Straight sweet carbonated syrup. Stomach turning really. At least the apple was not as bad of a clash as I thought it would be. Still way too sweet though.

Would Drink Again: No
Would Purchase Again: No

2.54/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

A: Pours a crystal clear medium yellow in color with light amounts of active visible carbonation rising slowly from the bottom of the glass and some faint golden yellow highlights. The beer has a very thin film of small off-white bubble on the surface of the beer when poured which disappear almost immediately.

S: Moderate aromas of sweet artificial green apple (think the green Jolly Rancher) with just the faintest hint of lime.

T: This beer is extremely sweet artificial green apple (like the green Jolly Rancher) from top to bottom with just the most subtle hint of lime towards the finish. Minimal amounts of bitterness in the finish.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Hints of alcohol warming in the finish.

O: Way too sweet and way too artificial flavored for my enjoyment - all I can think is that this is the liquid version of the almost neon green Jolly Rancher candies. Alcohol is covered by the sweetness.

3.25/5  rDev +27%

Also sampled tonight after that nasty Oktoberfest brew earlier. This one comes in a 8 ounce can that was $1.00, so I thought I would try it as I had sampled (and reviewed) all the other similar ones of this kind. Can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a 8 ounce vintage 'Busch' glass.

Pours a reddish-yellow in color with no head to speak of as well as no lacing seen. Lots of sweet apple aroma for the most part, almost seemed artificial even. Pretty much the same with the taste as it was more like 'apple juice with some Ever Clear' than anything else. Lots of sugar and pretty sweet. Lighter bodied with heavy carbonation. Overall, it was just OK and if I wanted a similar drink, it would be some hard cider than this. A one time try for me.

2.74/5  rDev +7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

A: The beer is crystal clear yellow in color and has a light to moderate amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a thin white head that quickly died down, leaving only a thin ring of small bubbles around the edge of the glass, and then eventually completely fading away.
S: Light to moderate aromas of sweet green apples are present in the nose.
T: Just like the smell, the taste is very sweet and has artificial flavors of apples. It's like having a liquid version of Jolly Rancher candy, if there was a green apple flavor that wasn't sour.
M: It feels light-bodied on the palate and has a moderate amount of visible carbonation.
O: This "beer" tasted a lot more like popping a whole bunch of Jolly Rancher candies into your mouth. It was easy to drink and hid all of its alcohol very well. With all of the sweetness, this is a beer that you probably want to serve on ice or very cold.

Serving type: can

3.19/5  rDev +24.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Served in a tumbler.

Admittedly, I was looking to find the cranberry version when I perused the cooler at my local 7-Eleven, but how could I say "No" to this one, especially when Crannie didn't even bother to show up? Anyway, it pours a clear brass-russet topped by a half-finger of very short-lived dirty white foam. The nose comprises sugary apple cider, a hint of maple syrup, and a kiss of hard water. The taste brings in more of the same, and I swear I can get an ethereal smidgen of that eponymous lime. The body is a light medium, with an active carbonation and a slick, soda-like feel. Overall, this was a pretty tasty beverage. I may not frequent these fruity Ritas, but I could see drinking another of these, even if it does rub me the wrong way a bit by feeling an awful lot like a soda.

3.75/5  rDev +46.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Bud Light Lime Apple AHHH Rita brewed by Anheuser Busch with an ABV of 8.0%. This brew pours out a dark amber color with no head. There are small white bubbles, but no head. The smell is apple and beer. That is all you get in the smell of this brew. No hops, malts, or grains. The taste is sweet but smooth. There is nothing bad about this brew. This is one of the better Lime Ahh Rita brews on the market. The mouthfeel is nice. Overall I'm giving this brew a 3.75 out of 5. I would get this brew again. Anheuser Busch did a nice job with this one. I would buy this brew when I'm in the mood for something different.

Some would not considered this to be beer, however is a smooth brew to drink

I love it! Too bad this finicky site wont let me post an actual photo of the product. The alcohol content is 8% and you can buy a 25oz can for about $2.50. Simplified, that's like 2 regular sized cans. It tastes just like apple juice with a punch...but you really don't notice it, so be careful....a couple of these on an empty stomach will get you tipsy, to say the least. For those of you who like sweet wines, hard ciders, or if you're a girl who likes fruity drink, this is a good option.

25 ounce cans of diabetes inducing sweetness...this beer will give you a toothache. It's candied malt liquor with apple flavor and caramel color. This version is especially harsh, no add fizzy carbonation explodes if you pour it into a glass and never settles. Smells like medicinal apple maybe a bit of spice if you imagine, this is their fall seasonal. Flavor the first sip induces acid reflux, fusel alcohol finishes all medicinal I can't believe someone would drink the whole can unless they have a death wish. Mouthfeel is harsh gag inducing with each sip so acidic un-natural on all levels, it's probably good for marinating tough meat or making seviche. Overall, the Redd's Wicked Apple Ale I had prior was as smooth as fine champagne compared to this rotgut malt liquor with a mask on, imagine the hangover from this stuff.

2.67/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 1 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Apple-Ahhh-Rita pours a reddish color with a very small head, lots of bubbles. There is a stale apple aroma. The flavor is sweet, sugary, and has some apple flavors. Weaker body, over carbonated, and sugary. Overall its like apple juice, with too much sugar.

2.97/5  rDev +16%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Readers of my reviews (or followers of my ratings) will take note I've more or less enjoyed Bud Light's new line of Bud Light Lime Ritas, taking them for what they are - relatively cheap, malt beverages that are very sweet and will compliment a night of casual drinking or warm weather. From what I've seen, looking through them with a lens of modesty, I've been consistently impressed at the fact that not only are they delectable and potent little beverages, they are also remarkably flavorful and easy to drink.

Of course I got excited when I heard about their new seasonal offering Bud Light Lime Apple-Ahhh-Rita. Admittedly, while there was some excitement and curiosity, there was evident disappointment due to the fact that apple has seen an explosive renaissance in alcohol nowadays, with all the hard ciders turning up, boasting the same, carbonated apple flavoring. While there are fewer flavors to compliment the fall season, cherry, pineapple, blackberry, peach, or what-have-you would've made for more interesting and sensational offerings in my book.

Yet I'd be lying if I said I didn't bear a smile, seeing this at a rather unassuming liquor store a way's away from me (again, don't sleep on these sketchier dives, people). As always, I optimistically pop the tab on this hefty twenty-five ounce can and pour with pretty solid excitement.

Appearance - Bright golden color, almost resembles cheap malt liquor in appearance minus the retention of a bone-white head. Unabashedly hides its aggressive carbonation just from its appearance. Golden/light brown hues undoubtedly come from its caramel color additives, stated on the can.

Smell - Artificial apple, incredible amounts of sweetness, and everpresent alcohol. Not the kind of hard cider-smell like I was expecting, but definitely doesn't make an effort to hide its 8% ABV. This may as well be your grandfather's apple juice just from the smell.

Taste - Carbonation and alcohol really distract this beer from its key flavor, which still isn't wholly remarkable but halfway decent to say the least. The apple flavor is sweet and deletable, if thrown off a bit by the aching sweetness, which will limit by intake of this beverage to only one at a time. The strawberry, mango, and raspberry Ritas were beverages I could easily have two or three of; this one, similar to the Cran-Brrr-Rita but not as good, I can only have one and be done.

Mouthfeel - More carbonation and after about five small-to-medium sips I get a sugary coating on my teeth.

Apple-Ahhh-Rita isn't so much what I expected in terms of flavor, but also nothing too surprising, especially for a line of drinks that has been capable of impressing me quite significantly. The flavor is there, if one can look past the detractors the carbonation and the overbearing sweetness bring, and one can should give many a light buzz or a pretty warm feeling inside, but there are better offerings from the same line and I can't say I'm soul-crushed that the flavor is just a seasonal item. After all, if sales for this beverage play like they did for the Cran-Brrr-Rita, we'll still see this on store shelves in November and December.

Bud Light Lime Apple-Ahhh-Rita from Anheuser-Busch