Bud Light Mixxtail Firewalker | Anheuser-Busch

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by Brolo75 on 06-28-2015

View: Beers
2.87/5  rDev +35.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Who says that drinking beer CAN't be fun? I live to seek out new CANned beers for The CANQuest (tm) & sometimes things like this surface.

From the CAN: "Premium Red Hot Cinnamon Apple Cocktail".

A 25-fl. oz. CAN!?! A-BInBev must love to see me suffer! The Crack! was more like a CANic boom & required a crane to CANmence the Glug. Once I got it started, it acted like pop, fizzing & producing a skim of shimmering head that quickly dissipated. Color was Amber (SRM = > 7, < 9) with NE-quality clarity. Nose smelled like cinnamon-spiced apple juice, which was not all that bad, CANpared to the previous Mixxtail Hurricane. Mouthfeel was thin & watery. The taste was apples & cinnamon, but jeez-o, man, it was as sweet as pop! Whew. This whole series has been far sweeter than what I like to drink, indicating that perhaps I am not its target audience. Finish was semi-sweet with the cinnamon adding just enough of a spicy bite to keep it from being outright sweet. However, it still left me sweating with a sugar rush. Phew.

1.79/5  rDev -15.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Aroma and flavor is cinnamon, mild apples and a real bad alcohol burn that takes over. Really did not care for this, the cinnamon wasn't bad but the last half wasn't good.

1.65/5  rDev -22.2%

2.76/5  rDev +30.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Apple cinnamon flavor very addictive and just want to keep drinking more and more of this drink. I think this as a good alternative to any apple cinnamon liquor for less drunkeness

2.29/5  rDev +8%

Bud Light Mixxtail Firewalker - Anheuser-Busch. Not my type of drink by any means, but I'm trying to clean out my fridge, so here we go... Poured from the 16 oz can into a pint glass, this concoction's head is nonexistent, zero lacing, and an amberish body. I'll give them that.

This aroma of this beverage is that of an angry stripper.

This tastes like an apple Jolly Rancher hard candy on bath salts & it wants to devour me. Please send help!

The mouthfeel here is just weird, ok? Just...weird...

2.35/5  rDev +10.8%

This was a challenge for me to accomplish. Amber colored. Smell was cinnamon with some apples. Apples quickly took a backseat to cinnamon. This led to a disturbing mouthfeel. Very cloying and it put a fire in my belly, a raging bonfire to be exact. I like cinnamon flavored liqueurs, not in my beer however. This had me curled up in the fetal position and whimpering like a puppy after finishing this. Never to have again.

1.6/5  rDev -24.5%

Bud Light Mixxtail Firewalker brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 8.0% This brew pours out a deep golden amber color with a Small White Head. The head to this brew goes down fast. The smell of Bud Light Mixxtail Firewalker nis sweet with apple cinnamon. The smell is kinda puts me in the mind of a green apple candy, not saying that is a bad thing. Now for the taste, it is sweet apple with a nice cinnamon kick. The cinnamon spice in this brew is nice touch to this brew. You really can't pick up on the 8.0% ABV in this brew. There is a lot going on in this brew. I like the taste of this brew. Bud Light Mixxtail Firewalker has a nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouthfeeel bold rich, spicy,and smooth. Overall I'm giving Bud Light Mixxtail Firewalker a solid 4 out of 5. I would buy this brew again. I'm on the fence with this one, however I do like the taste of this brew. Anheuser-Busch did a nice job with this one.

1.34/5  rDev -36.8%

3.4/5  rDev +60.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I guess my love for cinnamon out weighs the lack of beer qualities this so-called beer posesses. But, truthfully, I did enjoy drinking a 25 ounces can of this stuff and in doing so was wishing I was sitting by a bonfire on a chilly night. And as for rating this against other styles, I'm not sure how to do that, since this is just more or less a weak cinnamon drink with beer ABV.

1.42/5  rDev -33%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Ahhhh yes...Sitting around with good ole friends from my college years ( which only ended a year ago mind you ) drinking some of the usual swills they have always found appealing. Usual BMC crap and occasionally when they felt like being aristocratic wise guys, A Killians Irish penny flavored water...I mean Red.

Nice to see the ole boys, a few of them now married and near obese far cries from their past selves. And still drinking like they are from the slums.

Handed this is what I think was a 10oz can? Maybe?

Look - I won't even pretend I poured this into a glass. So your guess is as good as mine.

Smell - Mmmm...High dosage of cinnamon and rubbing alcohol.

Taste - Overload of cinnamon that could be confused for a terrible alcoholic heat. Rubbing alcohol with cheap rotten grains.

Feel - Highly carbonated with a light body that burns like crabs on the black sea. And I don't mean fishing,

Overall - Why anybody would purchase this on a 90 degree Michigan day is far beyond my level of comprehension. Why anybody would purchase this for any reason is also beyond my comprehension. I just don't understand the whole cinnamon alcohol kick people in my age range ( 21-34 ) are onto.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Bought in 16 ounce can. I like cinnamon flavored everything pretty much, so I thought it worth a try, but unfortunately it tastes like cinnamon mixed with rubbing alcohol. I won't be trying the other two Mixxtail flavors after this experience.

1.78/5  rDev -16%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

These Mixxtails are a piss-poor followup to the thoroughly acceptable Ritas. Firewalker in particular tastes about as artificial as apple/cinnamon can taste. Really embarrassing release that will (unsurprisingly) sell.

1.47/5  rDev -30.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.5/5  rDev -29.2%

25 ounce can poured into a glass

A: Dark orange amber color with lots of carbonation, no head, no lacing, clear, looks like apple juice with carbonation.

A: It has a strong candy apple artificial aroma, very sweet, cinnamon, candy, for 8% ABV it is well hidden, just smells really artificial, no natural aromas coming through.

T: Candy apple, hot cinnamon, a big hit of cheap malt beer flavors, very sweet, finishes with a hot cinnamon aftertaste, taste really awful.

M: Medium mouthfeel, leaves a sticky feeling on the roof of mouth, really sweet.

O: Horrible, it taste really artificial, the apple and cinnamon tastes do not come off as natural at all, I can't understand why anyone would drink this except to get an easy buzz. The beer had no head retention whatsoever.

Bud Light Mixxtail Firewalker from Anheuser-Busch