Bud Light Lime Grape-Ahh-Rita | Anheuser-Busch

anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by woodychandler on 05-29-2016

View: Beers

It's light and great tasting. I love it.

1.2/5  rDev -55.7%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I don't understand why y'all feel the need to review this. It's bad beer that gave me the cheap buzz I needed. End of story

3.69/5  rDev +36.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

2.81/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.75/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.25/5  rDev +19.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.13/5  rDev -21.4%

2.74/5  rDev +1.1%

25 FL. OZ. can
Served in a pokal glass

This beverage pours a pinkish purple hue. It has no head and resembles pop.

The aroma is syrupy sweet with aromas of lime and grape.

It is really sweet with artificial grape flavor and sugar. The lime flavor tries to cut the sweetness to no avail.

Thin and effervescent mouthfeel

I should have bought one of those eight ounce cans. Twenty-five ounces is gonna be a tough to get down due to the sweetness. It sounded good on a hot, humid night. It is in moderation.

2.96/5  rDev +9.2%

3.5/5  rDev +29.2%

2.74/5  rDev +1.1%

Grape-Ahh-Rita pours a reddish purple color, no head. Smells like dime a tap, tastes like dime a tap, with a big of sugar added. Very flat. Overall, tastes and feel like dime a tap, but even sweeter.

1.79/5  rDev -33.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

2.85/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

2.54/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

A: Pours a slightly hazy reddish purple in color with moderate to heavy amounts of fine active visible carbonation rising quickly from the bottom of the glass and faint burgundy + deep crimson red colored highlights. The beer has a quarter finger tall fizzy sudsy pinkish head that quickly reduces to a very thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Slightly stronger than moderate aromas of super sweet artificial grape (not dissimilar to Fanta grape soda or Dimetapp cough syrup).

T: Moderate to strong flavors of super sweet artificial grape (just like Fanta grape soda) with a hint of fusel alcohol which lingers slightly.

M: Just shy of medium bodied with moderate amounts of carbonation. Light hints of alcohol warming in the finish.

O: Slightly more cloyingly sweet than I could call easy drinking though it hides the alcohol fairly well,

2.67/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

2.43/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

A: The beer is slightly hazy purple in color and has a light amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a quarter finger high pink head that almost completely faded away, leaving only a few bubbles on the surface around the edge of the glass.
S: Moderate aromas of grape soda are present in the nose.
T: Like the smell, the taste has flavors resembling grape soda and is rather sweet.
M: It feels light-bodied on the palate and has a low to moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer is almost like grape soda—the only thing that is keeping it from entirely being like a soda is some more carbonation. The sweetness in the taste becomes cloying as the beer warms up.

Serving type: can

1.3/5  rDev -52%

This smells *exactly* like grape Dimetapp cough syrup. Tastes closer to artificial grape kool aid and sizzurp.
Cloyingly sweet with a foul artificial aftertaste of nutrasweet packets.

Sanguine deep purple, the blood of grimace, drink in mcmeberance of thee.

The only thing pleasant about this is the shadenfreude that ensues after everyone realizes how shockingly awful it is.
As Dave Chappelle would say, it has "sugar, water, and of course, purple". Thanks Kevin.

1.23/5  rDev -54.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

Bought a 25 fl oz can of this...isn't it always a red flag when they market beer like they market bleach? "1 fl oz free!"

If I got caught drinking this, I'd probably have to surrender my man card. So I'm "enjoying" it alone in my apartment like an alcoholic trying to keep up appearances. (Maybe that's the target demo for this swill).

Pours a pink head with a vomit red body. Audibly fizzy as the head quickly reduces (lasting maybe 20 seconds).

Aroma is saccharine, reeking of high school everclear punch and a discontinued grape Fanta. Smells like Fun Dip fucked Mad Dog 20/20. The kind of synthetic crap one might push as "blue raspberry." I can almost see my medicaid dentist shaking her Ukrainian head at me in my mind's eye as I collect myself in preparation for my first guaranteed-to-be-cloying sip. Why did I exchange legal tender for this?

Fuck me, that's nasty. Artificial grape collides with saccharine sweetness and dreadful artificial flavours. I can't stop sneezing as I drink this, which probably indicates something about its chemical nastiness that can't be verified by the FDA but that you know to be true when you feel your soul twist and die in horror while this rolls across your tongue. I've had worse, sure, but when a beverage warrants fair comparisons to Mad Dog 20/20 and Thunderbird you know you're in deep shit.

Positives? The 8% isn't noticeable...if only because I'm too focused on the alcopop grape to worry about booze. I feel like a bottle of Welch's just aborted in my mouth. Drinking this makes me feel like a bad father and I don't even have kids. Charles Manson's poisoned koolaid would have tasted better than this (and I'm aware that scattershot "reference" conflates cultist psycho history, though it would *still* make sense to you if you braved a sip of this excrement).

The term "mouthfeel" sounds dirty when you're trying to describe this filth. I'll concede it's well-carbonated, smooth, and wet. Why it's stickier than vomit on the floor of the CBGB circa 1986 is beyond me. One can take solace in the knowledge that it isn't as syrupy as Aunt Jemima...maybe.

An alcopop marketed as a beer to appeal to a demographic I didn't know existed, Grape-Ahh-Rita is a beverage that will please absolutely no one consuming it who isn't on potent hallucinogenic drugs. A brew for teens who grew tired of (or stopped being able to afford) getting high on Grape Robitussin but nevertheless wanted something vaguely in the same ballpark. My dream beer is basically the opposite of this.

On the plus side, one can probably contains enough kilocalories to sustain a Samoan wrestler on a 12 hour day of brutal training. So there's that.

On a side note, are grape margaritas even actually a thing?

F (1.23) / No. Just - no.

3.77/5  rDev +39.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This beer comes courtesy of the maharaja of canned beer, the chief of craft beer, the high priest at the temple of inebriation, woodychandler. Poured from an 8 oz. can. Has a purple color with no head whatsoever. Smell is strong of grape soda. Taste is grapes, tart, light sweetness, alcohol is well hidden. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall I am pleasantly surprised at this beer.

2.85/5  rDev +5.2%

My local, in-person trader, tone77, like to refer to me as The King of CANs, The Master of Aluminum, The Founder of Fun, ad infinitum and I usually just smile & gloss over it. Here, however, we have me a) adding this beer to the database; b) taking a pic & getting it approved & c) not just being the first to give it a score, but to also review it!

From the CAN: "Margarita With a Twist"; "Try It Over Ice!"

It was literally a half pint, coming in a wee tiny 8-fl. oz. CAN, so when I Crack!ed it open, I could not help but perform an inverted Glug. It would be empty as quickly as I started. Once it started pouring out, though, I began to laugh mirthfully. It was magenta & the head looked like fresh-spun pink cotton CANdy! OMFG! The head dissipated rather quickly, but what was in the glass was somewhere between beet juice & Friday's Nogne 0 Kriek of Telemark (a framboise). Color was magenta (SRM = N/A) with NE-quality clarity. Nose smelled like Pixie Stix powdered CANdy. Mouthfeel was kind of thin and watery. The taste was like a grape SweeTart, another CANdy allusion. Finish was likewise both sweet & tart, but not unpleasant. What I did not like, however, was how easy it was to drink something with 8% ABV. The CAN admonished me to "Drink Responsibly", but for a non-initiate, this could really be a lot of beer in a little bit of time. I don't remember the others in the series being that high in ABV, although I could be mistaken. I am climbing off of my soapbox now, but do be aware of what this packs if you try it for yourself.

Bud Light Lime Grape-Ahh-Rita from Anheuser-Busch