Best Damn Original Hard Tea

View: Beers
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 6 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
woodychandler from Pennsylvania

2.5/5  rDev +19.6%

Sadly, this one has me a bit twisted up! I saw it at one of my locals during a recent visit & brought it home with every intention of adding it to The CANQuest (tm), but when I got on this site, it did not exist. I have no CANpunction about adding a valid new beer, plus I submitted what I transcribed off of the CAN for the "Notes/Commercial Description" portion of the entry & took a picture of the CAN which I then resized & saved. In the interim, this site was not loading properly for me for a few days & when I was finally able to get on and submit my pic, somebody else submitted a picture of a bottle! 8={} Please don't do that! If you see my username as the "Added By", know that I will be submitting a pic soonest. I do not review ANY beers until a pic has been taken, resized, submitted & approved. Lesson learned. I will not build any new beers until I have a pic ready to go.

From the CAN: "Ale aged on Black Tea leaves with natural flavors and Caramel Color".

This came in a massive 25-fl. oz. CAN, so there was no question that I would be CANducting a gentle Glug following the Crack! There was very little to no carbonation in evidence & even an in-glass swirl failed to raise anything more than wisps. Color was a Coppery-Brown (SRM = > 17, < 22) with NE-quality clarity. Nose smelled like Twisted Tea, which is what I am sure that A-B/InBev was shooting for, but as far as an Herbed/Spiced quality, it was pretty weak. I have drank a lot of tea in my past & while this was evocative of tea, it was pretty weak. Mouthfeel was downright watery. The taste was slightly tea-like, but I just felt like they half-assed it in making this ale. It could have been much more pronounced in terms of its tea flavor. and especially since they used Black Tea leaves. Finish was semi-dry, not really sweet, refreshing, but one was enough. I ha high hopes for this one & they were dashed. 8=(

Apr 11, 2018