Bud Light Lemon Tea

Gots
SCORE
Poor
Bud Light Lemon TeaBud Light Lemon Tea
Notes: Lager brewed with real lemon peels and aged on tea leaves with natural flavors.
View: Beers
Reviews: 23 | Ratings: 54 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
ScaryEd from New Hampshire

1.27/5  rDev -53%

Is it possible to scream while drinking a "beer"? I'm asking for a friend. The friend is me.

This tastes like someone poured Arizona tea into a bottle of 7-Up and then added yeast and fermented it for 2 weeks.

Look, I don't mind beers like this every now and then. Hell, I quite like Bud Light Platinum. Even Bud Light Lime is tolerable. But this is just nasty. Too much lemon and tea, and not enough beer. It's closer to Mike's Hard Ice Tea than anything resembling a beer. Stay away.

Jun 30, 2020
NLR34015

I have never found a beer that I enjoyed so I always pass on drinking one. Until I tried the Bud Lite Lemon Tea. I absolutely love this beer. I find it refreshing and lite. I wish they sold it year round by me but they don’t. So sadly I have to wait until summer to be able to enjoy it.

Mar 21, 2020
woodychandler from Pennsylvania

2.56/5  rDev -5.2%

I just finished my #WatermelonWednesday entry to #BumptheHump & now I am going to delve into a rather large CAN to try & stay cool on this hot, humid Summer evening.

From the CAN: "This is the famous Bud Light … We believe what we put into our beer is just as important as what we leave out. That's why we brew using essential ingredients, real lemon peels, and age over tea leaves for the best in summer refreshment."; "Refreshment With a Twist"; "Lager Brewed with Real Lemon Peels and Aged on Tea Leaves with Natural Flavors".

I was startled by the loudness of the Crack! & so I signaled the crane into position to begin to lift this monstrous 25-fl. oz. CAN for a Glug. It ran pretty steadily on its own, so I just sat back & let it do its own thing. This included the formation of just under two fingers of fizzy, foamy, roacky, bone-white head that quickly fell away to wisps. Color was a gorgeous Golden-Amber (SRM = > 5, < 7) with NE-quality clarity, calling forth The Gelt Gang of Midas, Croesus & Mammon, all wanting a taste. Nose had a curious tea-like quality with a slight hint of lemon & a slight perfuminess.

I am going to pause here for my $0.02 worth - this would do better as a "Spiced & Herbed Beer" or even a "Fruit & Field Beer", but as an ALL, I CANnot get behind giving it high marks.

Mouthfeel was thin & watery. The taste was really odd with the tea being the strongest flavor in this curious mélange. I am curious as to what sort of tea they used in this. It seemed like Black Tea or something with a strong flavor. The lemon reminded me of enhancing iced tea with a wedge of lemon, but I generally eschew doing so. As far as being able to tell that it was a beer of any stripe, that was a lost cause. A LOT of people are making fun of the new spate of spiked seltzers, but this is what some of them taste like! I just was not feeling it as any style or type of beer. Finish was semi-dry, very mellow & tea-like, but not very satisfying in terms of its being a beer.

Aug 15, 2019
nicholas2121 from Ohio

3.77/5  rDev +39.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Bud Light Lemon Tea brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 4.20% This American Light Lager pours out of a 25 oz can into a pint beer glass. The color is a nice light golden amber color with a thin white head. There is a little to no lacing to this brew. The smell is Rich with tea sweetness, mixed with light brew. Kinda smells like Arizona sweet tea, not saying that is a bad thing. You pick up on fint brew notes as well in the smell. Now for the taste, it is Bold with a mild sweet iced tea notes mixed with brew notes. If you are a fan of Iecd tea I highly recommend you give this brew a try. The body of Bud Light Lemon Tea is a light medium. There is nothing overpowering about this brew, it has a super nice balance to it. This brew would go nice on a hot summer day. The mouth feel is Bold Sweet, Iced Tea, Smooth, Clean and Refreshing. Overall I going to give Bud Light Lemon Tea a 3.75 out of 5. I would definitely look this brew up again givin the opportunity too. Anheuser-Busch did a nice job on this light brew.

Aug 08, 2019
RonaldTheriot from Louisiana

4.71/5  rDev +74.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Bud Light Lemon Tea has a thick, white head, a clear, golden appearance, with some bits of glass lacing. The aroma is of spice candles, wax, herbal potpourri, and lemon, with some pale malt. The flavor is similar, with a medium body. Bud Light Lemon Tea finishes mostly dry. They did a great job with it, although it's not light.

RJT

Jul 30, 2019
Suds from Missouri

1.9/5  rDev -29.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

From a tall, slim can, I really don’t know what to say. It is completely clear with a very slight white head. Effervescent. Strange aroma and taste...tea and lemon flavors. Not really much beer flavor at all.

Jul 29, 2019
NJRM from New Jersey

3.88/5  rDev +43.7%

I signed up just to review this beer. After reading the negative reviews I honestly had to laugh! As a guy who generally enjoys high ABV Belgian tripels, I was not expecting this to be a high complexity craft brew. This is a delicious summer beer to be easily drunk in quantity. Tastes refreshing, throw them back and enjoy!

Jul 15, 2019
porterman66 from Massachusetts

1.2/5  rDev -55.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

This tastes exactly like someone dumped beer in your “Arnold Palmer” and the beer flavor is distinctly out of place with the tea especially. The aftertaste is of the lemonade/ice tea combination primarily. If that appeals to you, then go for it. To me the tea/beer combination is not good and I will be happy to never drink this again.

Jul 06, 2019
benjaminsa from Vermont

1.18/5  rDev -56.3%

Probably the worst beer I’ve ever had! I prefer craft IPAs, but I will regularly drink BL and BL Lime (my summer go-to in a way). This was a horrible experience but my stingy-ness required me to drink the entire 25oz. So happy that had two BL Limes to wash that taste out of my mouth.

Jun 30, 2019
KaraJaworski from Virginia

4.58/5  rDev +69.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Look: Slightly unpleasant, almost neon-like. I drank from a 12oz bottle, so not sure about the head.
Smell: Surprisingly accurate. Strong notes of fresh brewed tea immediately hit your nose, followed by a touch of lemon.
Taste: Tea right off the bat. The lemon is somewhat faint but is the perfect amount. The hops jump in at random times (punny lol) but are present.
Feel: smooth, refreshing.
I genuinely enjoy this. The tea flavor is very prominent and bold. The lemon dances around gracefully and daintily. The after taste is also reminiscent of a fresh lemon tea. The sweetness could be just a tad too much for some, but not for me. This would be great at a summer barbecue or poolside where you want a sweet lemon tea and a beer.

Jun 25, 2019
buschbeer from Ohio

3.98/5  rDev +47.4%

12 FL. OZ. bottle
Served in a stemless wine glass

This beer pours a brilliant gold color. it is topped with a couple inches of beige head that leaves spotty lacing.

The smell is strong tea leaves and lemon. It actually smells like fresh brewed lemon tea.

The taste is sweetened tea, but it still tastes like fresh tea. The lemon compliments the tea flavor nicely. I get a little artificial sweetness in the finish, but other than that I am surprised at how much I like it.

Thin bodied with a watery mouthfeel

This tastes more like tea than that Twisted Tea stuff. I am somewhat enamored. I am off craft and back on BMC, baby!

Jun 19, 2019
puboflyons from New Hampshire

3.21/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

From the 22 oz. can marked 19124-WA2256. Sampled on June 18, 2019.

This has the appearance of a straw yellow, bubbly and carbonated beer with a white foamy head that laces as it fades. But it does not fade entirely.

I happen to like ice tea and lemon and those esters power their way through in the aroma with a grainy breadiness and cleanliness behind that. Some floral notes. Surprised.

The mouthfeel is more light-medium than I expected and smooth overall.

The taste is sweet and iced-tea like with a lemon twist but at the same time I get the feint graininess of a light lager. Not bitter at the end but it is sweet. I was not expecting much but I got more than expected.

Jun 18, 2019
Gordy1377 from Maryland

1.03/5  rDev -61.9%

What were they thinking when they decided to release this beer! Created an account just so I could mention how bad this beer sucks! This beer sucks! Oh...
Taste... I was hit with, old rotten tea, (at least that's what I'd think rotten tea would taste like) too sweet, this is an insult to all lagers!
Smell... eh, not pleasing...
Look... yellow...
Feel... wet

Overall... sucks!

Jun 18, 2019
edwardyoung from Alabama

1.54/5  rDev -43%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.25

This beer is absolutely insulting. The reason I wanted to rate it is simply the taste. While swallowing it's only so bad--kinda unsurprisingly bad--but the aftertaste is a gauntlet of shame. 3 tastes you would expect and that do show up: a watery lager taste, a lemon taste, a black tea taste. The lager component is only about as bad as you would think (I regularly put up with this taste with bud light lime, which I ultimately like). The lemon taste is like chewing on a leatherface mask stitched together from only the black spots from thrown away lemon peels. The tea taste is sadly like unsweetened cheap black tea left in disrepair in a glass behind the rusty old commercial dishwasher in a dive restaurant. Do not bother with this swill. You will regret it.

Jun 13, 2019
Darkmagus82 from Texas

3.84/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from bottle into a pint glass
Appearance – The beer pours a golden color with a small white fizzy head. The head fades very fast leaving just a trace of fizzy lace on the sides of the glass.
Smell – The aroma of the brew is big of a lemonade ice tea aroma with the tea being particularly big and authentic. With these aromas some a little bit of an herbal hop smell and a touch of grain.
Taste – The taste begins with a rather strong and very true iced tea flavor. While the lemon flavor is light upfront, it grows stronger in taste as the taste moves forward. Some other sweeter tastes of a slight caramel and even more lemon join the tongue as the flavor moves toward the very end. With a hint of herb and an even greater hit of black tea flavor coming at the end, one is left with a sweet lemon iced tea taste to linger on the tongue.
Mouthfeel – The body of the brew is light and crisp with a carbonation level that is slightly higher. For the sweet tea and lighter abv. the mix of higher effervescent carbonation and thin body is great and makes this one very easy drinking brew overall.
Overall – This is actually a very easy drinking “alcoholic” iced tea. Normally they are very sweet and often in an artificial flavor way, but this brew has a rather nice ”fresh brewed” ice tea flavor. I have to say this would be a good summer time beer after working out doing yard work on a hot summer day. I was surprisingly impressed…

Jun 11, 2019
ChefHazmat from Missouri

1.09/5  rDev -59.6%

Look: What only could be described as an unsightly yellow that you might be able to pass off as a urine sample.
Smell: Flowery hand lotion
Taste: Very sweet like sugary water mixed with that same hand lotion.
Feel: Smooth granted you can get over the smell enough to take a drink of it

In all I advise against buying this. Save your money and get something else.

Jun 10, 2019
Spikester from Oregon

Clear gold with two fingers of white head. No lace.
Smell is malt and lemon.
Taste is black tea lemon and malt.
Mouthfeel is light with good carbonation. Finish is light fairly crisp and mildly dry.
Overall a tasty shandy like Summer beer. Canned on date April 26, 2019.

May 27, 2019
kojevergas from Louisiana

Clear BOTTLE:

Alcoholic Brisk iced tea with a nice clean 6-row edge. Not very lemony in the sense that it has any true genuine lemon flavours, but it does nail that artificial iced tea lemon flavoring taste. I can't say it's unpleasant, and the weak tea notes are welcome if innocuous.

Boasts more flavour than most light lagers without tasting too artificial. Not syrupy or watery, which is impressive for a budget light lager in my humble opinion.

Definitely a step up from regular Bud Light, and a beer I'd enjoy knocking back with spicy food. There's no doubting its drinkability, and it's absolutely a skullable summer brew in spite of its to-be-expected simplicity and shallowness. I can't say it's not enjoyable for what it is, and the brewers seem to have accomplished what they were going for - a light lager with a bit more diversity of flavour in the form of tea and lemon additives.

High C (3.00) / AVERAGE

Pair with sushi, honey pretzel twists, and/or teriyaki bowls.

May 20, 2019
superspak from Michigan

4.02/5  rDev +48.9%

25 ounce can into lager glass, canned on 4/19/2019. Pours crystal clear pale golden yellow color with a 1 finger dense white head with solid retention, that reduces to a minimal spotty lace cap that lingers. Minimal spotty lacing on the glass, with a fair amount of streaming carbonation. Good appearance. Aromas of lightly tart lemon juice, citrus zest/peels, black tea, honey, cracker, white bread, and herbal/floral/grassy earthiness. Damn nice aromas with great balance of lemon juice/peels, black tea, pale malts, and light earthy hop notes; with great strength. Taste of big lightly tart lemon juice, citrus zest/peels, black tea, honey, cracker, white bread, and herbal/floral/grassy earthiness. Mild herbal, floral, grassy, spicy bitterness; and lemon tang/tartness on the finish. Lingering notes of tart lemon juice, citrus zest/peels, black tea, honey, cracker, white bread, and herbal/floral/grassy earthiness on the finish for a short bit. Great robustness balance of lemon juice/peels, black tea, pale malts, and light earthy hop flavors; with a nice malt/bitterness, and citrus tang/tartness balance; with zero astringent flavors after the finish. Very crisp/clean finishing. Perfectly clean on lager flavors, with no fruity/yeasty notes present. Moderate increasing dryness from lingering bitter/tang/tartness and carbonation. Medium-plus carbonation and light body; with a very smooth, moderately grainy, and fairly sticky/acidic/tangy mouthfeel that is fantastic. Zero warming alcohol as expected of 4.2%. Overall this is an excellent flavored light lager. All around great robustness balance of lemon juice/peels, black tea, pale malts, and light earthy hop flavors; very smooth, crisp, clean, and refreshing to drink with the mildly bitter/tart/tangy/drying finish. Very flavorful and not watery for the ABV. Awesome balance between vibrant lemons, earthy tea, and clean pils malts; with solid earthy hop presence/balance. Zero residual sweetness with crisp dryness. A very enjoyable offering, and outstanding style example. One of the best light lagers I've had for sure. It achieved every thing it was supposed to be. Tastes exactly like lemon iced tea, going to be an amazing summer beer.

May 13, 2019
jzlyo from Iowa

2.92/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Aroma is sun tea and mild lemon. The flavor is tea, lemon/mild lemonade, malts and a grainy/medium sweet finish. Kind of a sweet tea masquerading as a beer.

May 12, 2019
CJPerez86 from Texas

1.19/5  rDev -55.9%

Ever wonder what the inside of a moon jump after kids have been jumping barefoot all day tastes like?!? This is the beer for you!!! This beer was so awful that it’s become my own personal mission to warn people about it. All these reviews on websites don’t allow you to comment about this beer and there is a reason for it. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Apr 28, 2019
tone77 from Pennsylvania

3.18/5  rDev +17.8%

Poured from a 25 oz. can. Has a golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is as advertised, lemon tea. Taste is mild, lemons are up front, light notes of tea are present in the background. Feels light bodied in the mouth and overall is a mediocre beer.

Apr 25, 2019
NeroFiddled from Pennsylvania

3.19/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Anheuser-Busch "Bud Light Lemon Tea"
25 fl. oz. can
$2.79 @ Total Wine & More, Cherry Hill, NJ

Look: Clear golden body beneath an average sized head of white foam. Average head retention and lacing.

Smell: Hard to discern. It doesn't smell like "beer" but neither does it really smell like lemon tea - of course how much aroma does lemon tea have?

Taste: Interesting. There's not a lot of tea flavor, but some. The lemon is more like a sweet lemon candy than actual lemon; a lemon drop if you will. It’s also a little like apple. It's unusual but it doesn't really make me think of lemon tea - I do like the flavor though.

Feel: Medium-light in body and gently crisp.

Overall: Unusual, and interesting but not particularly exciting in the end.

Apr 13, 2019