Aurumglass | Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company

turtleanarchy.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Added by NODAK on 07-14-2012

3.68/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

4.25/5  rDev +14.2%

4.25/5  rDev +14.2%

3.75/5  rDev +0.8%

3.75/5  rDev +0.8%

3.5/5  rDev -5.9%

look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Aroma is rather sweet, with notes of honey and orange jumping out at me. The brewers told me they used honey and orange peel in the brewing process and it certainly shows.

Pours dark golden in my glass with a small but fair head. Lacing is weak.

Taste comes across as slick and sweet, with notes of honey and orange being quite evident (see above). This fades into quite a grainy finish....with a small but noticeable hop bite at the back to finish it out at least somewhat dryly with a small sweetness sticking around.

All in all, it's a pretty impressive quaffer for all times, especially summer. I had low expectations and I'm glad that I came out impressed.

Aurumglass from Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company