Tenebrous | Rogness Brewing Company

Added by videofrog on 07-28-2013

Reviews by ExaltedNecrosis:

3.5/5  rDev -11.8%

3.94/5  rDev -0.8%

Growler from Premium Draught in Houston.

A: Pours an opaque black color. A large tan head rises to over two fingers. The head recedes quickly with little lace left.
S: A nice roasted malt aroma. Some coffee, light chocolate and lingering sweetness. Bit of a lactic aroma in the finish as well. A nice subtle nose.
T: Follows the nose with roasted malt, coffee, and chocolate. A light lactic flavor in the back end that pulls everything together, and lets you know this is true to style.
M/D: A medium body and moderate carbonation. A bit on the water side though. Not hard to drink at all. I will get through the growler in no time. An easy drinking stout.

Simple, and subtle. Which I like. Something I will get more of when I see it. I hope this makes it to their year round lineup.

4.14/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Served on-tap at the Black Star Co-op in Austin, TX.

A: Very dark brown, nearly black. Beige head that recedes fairly quickly. Not much light gets through, lacing is sporadic.

S: Sweet malts and some roasted malts as well. Dark and milk chocolate both discernible.

T: Dark chocolate in the forefront balanced by the roasted malts that come out more in the taste than the smell. No noticeable hops or alcohol present in the flavor.

M: Medium body for a stout, nice and creamy as well.

O: My favorite offering from Rogness to date. I'm really glad I gave this one a try after thinking everything else I've had from them was "just ok".

3.25/5  rDev -18.1%