Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

British Bitter | The Grumpy Troll Restaurant and Brewery

3.2/5
Okay
1 Rating

The Grumpy Troll Restaurant and Brewery
Wisconsin, United States
thegrumpytroll.com

Style: English Bitter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by BeerBelcher on 09-16-2007

3.2/5  rDev 0%

This beer was pleasant, but inoffensive, a bit boring, and not much to write home about. It was advertised as being fairly hoppy, and I didn't get that. I also didn't get the rather pronounced maltiness usually evident in "British IPAs."

The beer was a hazy light amber with a little head. Aroma is pretty much non-existent. Flavor wasn't very pronounced, and wasn't very hoppy, but instead was a fairly refreshing copper metallic flavor. There was some very mild bitterness.

I thought it was OK; I'd weakly recommend it.

I had this on tap at the brewpub.

British Bitter from The Grumpy Troll Restaurant and Brewery