In-Two-Tents Double IPL | Base Camp Brewing Company

Base Camp Brewing Company
Oregon, United States
basecampbrewingco.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Pilsner

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Kylemif on 10-31-2013

3.98/5  rDev -5%

4.27/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I enjoyed this beer at the takeout of one of my favorite rivers and after sitting in my hot car all day I cooled the beer off in the river. Those bottles really do cool down really quickly. I drank this out of the bottle so appearance I am not really sure about, but the aroma I could get from the bottle was really good. It had that great citrus earthy piney aroma and flavor to the beer but the body of the beer was very light in comparison. It makes a great flavorful beer for a hot summers days. I think i was most impressed with how light the body was while still packing in lots of flavor and some alcohol (but not too much 7.7%ABV).

4.21/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

A: pours a dark amber color, little head
S: hoppy, smells like Amarillo, lager yeast
T: hoppy, lager yeasty taste, malty sweet, very bitter with all that hoppyness, alcohol bite
M: very crisp
O: super cool cans, very hoppy lager than goes down pretty well

3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

4.25/5  rDev +1.4%

4.03/5  rDev -3.8%

A: cloudy, deep golden red. crisp white head.

S: very indistinct nose... beery, hoppy, coppery

T: comes on smooth, nutty, and coppery, with high hop notes. taste is as inclusive as the scent. very slight, coppery finish. ends like a high quality IPA.

M: very crisp, slight lemon rind-esque bitterness. surprisingly smooth back end.

O: a smooth and drinkable "double" version of an already stellar and unique brew. extremely well rounded, almost more so than the regular In-Tents IPL recipe. the bottle was gone before I knew it, and I'm guessing it was around 7.0% sauce-by-volume or above... overall, I can't wait to enjoy this beer again.

In-Two-Tents Double IPL from Base Camp Brewing Company