Joe Crikey

Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 7
4.27/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

So first things first: this is a coffee IPA. If neither of those sound appealing, this probably won't jam as hard, but I was skeptical of the combo as well, and maaaaaan.... it worked so well here. I think this is just the second coffee IPA I've had, and for my money it is far and away the better of the two. Or maybe it was just timing/setting. Whatever. Transcribed from notes at the brewery.

Crisp looking deep amber. Deceptively opaque. Minimal head. Minor lacing.

Nose is drying coffee beans with a sweet rich vein of high quality caramel/toffee. Chewy and rich. Reminds of... Riesen? Is that the candy that's like chocolate and coffee and caramel? Man, that was a good candy. Maybe some round fruit on the edges to remind of the IPA roots, but much more the rich caramel and smoothe coffee.

More coffee and toffee, but with sticky sweet hops and bitterness brought forth from both coffee and citrus. Rich, juicy, creamy, sweet, bitter. Sticky dark caramel. Kills it.
Long bitter finish slopes in and takes up residence. Drinks smoothe and clean.

I was blown away by this .As I said I may be underestimating the effect of context, but I will probably get this again the next time I'm at the brewery.

Joe Crikey from Reuben's Brews