Mom & Pop's Wet Hop Crop Ale | Boston Beer Works - Canal Street

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Boston Beer Works - Canal Street
Massachusetts, United States
beerworks.net

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by gcarl on 10-14-2008

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
2.95/5  rDev n/a

Stopped into BBW Fenway on Sunday 9/19 before the Sox game. After looking over the beer menu, I went with this one because I had not heard of it. Served in their normal glass. Very flat looking. Almost looked like cask beer, but I saw her pull it from the regular tap. Very dull orange color, with a hazy and murky body. Smell was of muted hops, not very pronounced. Taste lacked the hop punch that I expected. There was some, but I guess I expected more. Mouthfeel was somewhat lifeless. Drinkability was just average. With a name like Wet Hop, I was expecting...well, hops. I thought I was getting an IPA, but it was more of a blah tasting pale ale.

3.82/5  rDev n/a

Had at the Canal St. location while watching the Red Sox lose to The Ray's hmph.

Beer comes what looks to be unfiltered, cloudy, light orange, with a bubbly white head.

Smell is great. Bursting with fresh hops and a nice sweet malty kick.

Taste is even better. The only beer from the Beer Works that has ever made me smack my lips and look at it again. Taste is of sticky hop, and a deep robust malt base. A little less carbonation would bump up the mouthfeel and drinkability for me.

I will be back for another pint before the baseball is over.

GC