Missionary Position | Avery Brewing Company

Style: Quadrupel (Quad)

Added by MarkyMOD on 11-13-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4
4.26/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Never had it, but this seems to be The Missionary, a quad with guava, with pineapples added. We all know the legend about eating some pineapple before a little do-diggity, so the name is fitting. Or maybe Adam knows a missionary who'd do Klondikesque acts for some pineappple. Who's to say.

A: Looks like... A Belgian Strong Pale Ale? Hmmm, have only had a couple dozen quads, but I don't remember any not being dark.

S: Booze and fruit.

T: A touch boozy, which I don't mind at all. Had the taste I'd expect to find in a quad at first, but then it... changed. Can't put my finger on what the taste morphed into, maybe that signature Avery Belgian yeast combined with everything else. The guava came next, with a hint of pineapple. Had to look for the fruit though, especially the pineapple.

M: Feels like beer, delicious beer, in my mouth.

O: Avery does it again (for roughly the 300th (million) time). They're my favorite brewery for a reason, being walking distance from them aside. A beer I'd give a 4.25, awesomely amazing, has come to be what I expect from them.

Missionary Position from Avery Brewing Company