Eremita III | Avery Brewing Company

Avery Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
averybrewing.com

Style: American Wild Ale

A sultry blend from twelve Cabernet Sauvignon barrels, Eremita III is comprised of ales from five different creations in the Avery Barrel Aging Cellar. Ranging from a blonde saison to a black saison to a strong Belgian amber ale, they spent between 9 months to over 3 years in their respective barrels. Eremita III is a sour ale without the training wheels.

Added by Ratman197 on 02-14-2012

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast

3.75/5  rDev -15.7%

4.68/5  rDev +5.2%

It's hard to find a good wild ale, unless you happen to have access to Russian River which I don't. I happen to really, really like those.

So I found myself at Avery tap room anticipating a long overdue visit, but especially to try this. I ordered the small taster glass to be sure, and one thing I disliked is that it came in a measured 4 oz glass leaving no room for a nose! However, the flavor blasted me with sour ... then it mellowed, then a second wave of even more sour. I didn't take particular notes, not thinking of reviewing it, but it was very good and I felt compelled. I did have trouble identifying characteristics in the nose, which had plenty of black cherry but otherwise kind of melded together. The taste was outstanding, although some may find it to be too much. Get it--the small pour is worth the rare opportunity ... go from there.

3.75/5  rDev -15.7%