Vengeance! Jalapeno Cream Ale

Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 14
4.07/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Pours darker gold. Foamy, medium white head that Fades slowly.

Smells strong jalapeno, bready and grainy.

Taste bready, grainy, sweet and jalapeno. Finish is semi-dry with a grain linger and building Heat. Lighter body and creamy lower carbonation.

4.25/5  rDev +1.4%

Pours a fairly light golden color. Slight haze to it. Head is white, 2 finger, and long lasting.
The nose has the jalapeno up front, and, actually, quite strong. For a chili head like me, quite pleasing. I do get a slight malt aroma also.
Taste - The jalapeno is there, but in a way, is actually sweet. I know that sounds strange, but I get the flavor of the pepper, without a good chunk of the heat. There's some heat there, but it is less than what should be for the pepper, and I can taste the pepper a lot more.
Feel is a bit watery, but not too bad. I do get some of the heat feel, but, as I said before, not too strong.
I love peppers. I know this will sound crazy, but they have amazing flavor that the heat can get in the way of sometimes. This beer gives me the flavor of the pepper with the heat muted, so I can really taste the pepper in the beer. Very delicious, but if you're not chili head, you might not like it.

3.01/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Go out to the garden and pick a jalapeno, chopped it up, and eat it, but in liquid form. Might be able to pull this off in a more rich beer than a cream ale. Just too much several taste for a beer.

Vengeance! Jalapeno Cream Ale from Jack Pine Brewery