IPA | Dangerous Man Brewing

Style: American IPA

Added by mothman on 01-19-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 40
4.05/5  rDev +6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

Dangerous Man Brewing Company, Minneapolis, Minnesota. House IPA. 7.9 % ABV, 68 IBU.

Growler purchased on the grand opening day, January 25, 2013. The label says "bottled on 1/26." Someone made a mistake. No biggie.

Dangerous Man had been open for 5 soft open nights the previous two weekends, and this was their grand debut. They remained Minneapolis' newest brewery for approximately three more days, when the products of Northgate Brewing came out. But enough of that, how's the beer?

Look: largely clear, lightly hazed amber/apricot appearance, slim white head.

Aroma: gorgeous hop bouquet leaps out into the nose. Low bitterness, but bright, fresh, buoyant hoppiness, with citrus and pineapple prominent. Orange and lemon, too. Very nice.

Taste: Sleek, supple, smooth, slick. Lean bodied, crisp, clean malt, but hops lead the way. Drinkable like it's nobody's bidness. Balance is key, and king, and it's a solid drinker, for sure. Fresh and vibrant, bursting with fruit flavor, bitterness kept cool, while in command.

We need more of these, the session IPAs. What, ho? An almost 8% ABV IPa, and you're calling it a session beer? I guess I am. Except I am starting to feel the alcohol, all of a sudden. If this was scaled back to 5%, we'd have a different story.

Delicious. Excellent work, Dangerous Man. I look forward to more of the same!

3.64/5  rDev -4.7%

White head. Color is a clear bronze gold.

Aroma is fairly muted, but the taste makes up for it. Grassy, weedy, dank, and earthy. A fairly large bready malt backbone. Very hoppy and bitter.

Medium bodied. Ends with a sticky hop resiny aftertaste.

Overall, I wish it had more in the nose. I liked the rye pale better. I will stick to that for my hops.

IPA from Dangerous Man Brewing