Texas Thunder Stout | Fort Bend Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews
Texas Thunder StoutTexas Thunder Stout

Fort Bend Brewing Co.
Texas, United States

Style: English Stout

This robust Stout is pure deep and rich as Texas Thunder heard across our great state. Aromas of vanilla, chocolate, toffee and roasted coffee generated by our imported roasted barley, meet earthy English hop flavor in a beautifully balanced and surprisingly drinkable brew. The dry finish keeps you coming back for more.

Added by Jason on 02-06-2013

3.7

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 31
4.74/5  rDev +28.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This one pours a rich dark to black color that has an extremely lively, thick and rich head that is dark tan, settles slowly leaving no lacing down the glass, mostly due to how thick and heavy this head is. It just pulls itself down through the sheer weight of this head.

The nose is rich and malty with notes of alcohol, bittersweet chocolate, coffee, nutmeg, cinnamon and bread.

The taste is a nice sharp stout that has nice bittering hop characteristics that linger throughout the dry malt with notes of coffee, dark chocolate, vanilla, sour dough bread and ginger.

The mouthfeel is equally rich and just right for a stout.

Overall this is an exceptionally great stout and I highly recommend it.

2.84/5  rDev -23.2%

Beer # 300 for me here on BA

12 oz bottle poured to a shaker pint

Wasn't aggressive with my pour at all and got a half glass head that surged over the glass and had me cleaning my counter tops. Not a great start. 5 mins later its finally receded and I can take a sip. Not great, nothing much going on except some roasted malt, very plain. Not much on the nose either. The bottle says vanilla, chocolate, toffee, and coffee...I get none of these. The over carb leaves way too much tingling on the tongue, not my thing for a stout. 1 and done for me on this one.

Texas Thunder Stout from Fort Bend Brewing Co.