Piedmont Pilsner | Amos Howard's Brew Pub

3.18/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Backer2004:
3.12/5  rDev -1.9%

Not a good looking pilsner, especially compared to my first Prima Pils I tried last week. Though it may not be a fair comparison, this one did not do it for me. Grassy hops, clean and simple from start to finish. Very light straw colored, no carbonation. Light body and easy enough to drink. Not as good as the other's I've tried from Olde Hickory.

2.85/5  rDev -10.4%

Clear straw-colored, but not as straw colored as most macros. Who decapatated my beer? There's no head on this thing. Some lacing on the sides of the glass.
My nez detects nothing with the whiff.
Doesn't taste well. Grainy. Does have a nice unexpected bite at the end though. Feels fine in the mouth. Nice and bubbly.
If you like this beer more than me. I could imagine you drinking a few of these and still save on the cab fair.
There are much better offerings from OHB.

Pours a golden hue with absolutely no head to speak of; only a thin white foam that left as soon as it appeared. Floral aromas dominated the smell while a light citrus and hops aroma were noticeable in the background. Flavors of light malts and medium hops keep this brew mild and accessible, but not overly interesting. There is a nice biscuity finish which I certainly appreciated. It's very clean and refreshing, with a tangy, citrusy middle, just before the hops kick in. It's a little light-bodied for my taste, and the carbonation is a little intense.

3.08/5  rDev -3.1%

A very drinkable beer. The color was a very light straw. Not much smell to talk about. The taste was a very thin, watery light taste. The mouthfeel shocked me. There was no bite to mention here. The drinkability was actually high. I could drink these all night and not complain. I suspect this beer is brewed with the BMC fan in mind and I think it should find a happy home there. I would order it again.

3.83/5  rDev +20.4%

This beer had a medium gold color with a 1 finger head that left some lacing along the side of the glass. Aroma was malty and nutty. A slight flowery hop aroma was also noted. Taste was very nice indeed. Quite malty with a hoppy dryness in the finish. I'm pretty sure the brewer used the Saaz hop for this beer. The beer was light to medium bodied and easy to drink. I'm not a huge fan of Pilsner, but I have to admit this brew was very enjoyable and even better when I received a full 32 oz glass for only $3.50!

Piedmont Pilsner from Amos Howard's Brew Pub