Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Hophead Red | Karben4 Brewing

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

Karben4 Brewing
Wisconsin, United States | website

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by BarrelAgedG on 08-02-2014

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3
3.44/5  rDev -3.1%

Having this at Maduro.. On tap.. Should add that I had an Abrasive before I came out

A: dark amber almost brown color. Tapped a half inch of cream colored head that retained a little lacing

S: unfortunately Maduro is a cigar bar so its not easy to get a good whiff.. I am getting a little malt and a small amount of smokiness(which admittedly is from the cigars)

T: a good amount of malt with a little peat.. Better than I expected

M: I would say medium to thin

O: not too shabby.. I have had some good and some bad from Karben 4 so I was pleasantly surprised by this one.. I wouldn't say its worth seeking out but if you enjoy ambers it is an adequate selection for the style

Hophead Red from Karben4 Brewing
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.