Flying Fox Squirrel

SCORE
n/a
Notes:
3.9/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

This is a welcome surprise. A lovely, thight creamy head with decent laciing. Faint dark eggshell in hue. Clear-ish chestnut brown fluid and it just looks right in my small Becker glass.

Nose is mildly bittersweet chocolate, lots of it. A mocha light coffee scent cuts in, dancing with a light hop floral note. Some faint yeast Is mostly clean.

Taste is quite good. Chocolatey and a bigger potion of coffee to the mocha. Some nuttiness and a tight hop astringency. I was expecting more of an earthy hop character but this is a nice surprise. This adds to the coffee component making for a well balanced deep brown ale that will satisfy youe desire for a porter. It's like a light, mildly nutty porter in fact. Finish is relatively clean and quite dry with coffee and bakers chocolate as well as some good hoppiness.

Feel is smooth and creamy wil a nice fullness that is not too heavy.

I bought a growler of this because my mouth just said "Ahhh" when I tasted it. This one sums up better than the parts and the parts are pretty darn good I could session this foe quite a while. The flavors open up as it sits in the glass making for a deeper more complex beer at th bottom of the glass. A great food beer as I see thins one working with grilled and barbecue, as well as come cheeses. I'll have another!

Flying Fox Squirrel from Yonkers Brewing Co.