Snow Day

Snow DaySnow Day
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 4 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.61/5  rDev -9.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

If you like winter warmers I think you will like this a lot. That is not my style but I couldn't not order one when here in December and I even grabbed a few bottles to take to a holiday ale tasting party where it placed quite well in the ranking. It is spiced hard but comes out very sweet and smooth.

4.11/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I stopped by the Bottlehouse today and picked up a 22 ouncer which I'm drinking from a pint glass. Color is very dark with a reddish tinge and not much of a head. Smell is very malty with a molasses and spice features which is also reflected in the taste. The feel was a bit thin, as if there wasn't much carbonation which a subsequent mouthful revealed wasn't completely the case. This is a very good winter warmer being brewed less than two miles from where I'm typing this.

4.01/5  rDev +0.2%

22oz bottle poured into a pint glass
A: More red than brown, noticeable carbonation and a two-finger head
S: Sweet, malty, some toffee and lots of baking spice
T: Again malty, on the sweet side, loads of baking spice (nutmeg, ginger, clove) and some toffee/caramel notes
M: Medium-bodied, sweet
O: You've got to be in the mood for a sweet/spicy beer but if you are (like I am on this cold winter day) this one hits the spot. While I haven't been there yet, I'm glad to see BottleHouse brews being distributed, and given this beer I'll definitely be visiting to see what they have on tap.

Snow Day from The BottleHouse Brewing Company