There Is No Quad

n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 7 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.89/5  rDev -10%

Looks amazing in the glass. I think for the style this is a killer but it just isn't my style. The aromas are are too sweet for me and it is too smooth for the flavors in my opinion. If this is your style then I think you cannot miss it.

4.71/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

The bottle says they won a medal at GABF. It doesnt suprise me one bit. They call this an "American Quad" and I think I understand why. Not your traditional Belgian Quad. What a great beer. Hold it up to the light to reveal a blood garnet red color. Aroma smells of burnt carmel, raisins and marshmallows. Not a sweet beer at all but it has the perfect balance of sweetness and bitterness from the grains and hops. The head is a creamy reddish brown. Available on draft and in 500ml bottles.

4.28/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This ale is all over the place. My grandson was asking to sip, and we refused. This is no beginners brew.

The bottle required a corkscrew to open yet there was almost no head to speak of. It's pooop brown. The aroma, though, will kill. It's that sublime yeasty funkiness. It's better to smell than to drink.

The taste is a medium thin boozy yeasty Belgian taste. It lingers long after as alcohol with all kinds of fruity amazingness.

It's too bad this thing did not have much head. I almost want to mix something with it to give some head, Recommended, but good luck getting any anywhere except on Lee Road.

Ok. This beer is fantastic. Deep blood red poured in 10oz glass. Full bodies malty but no overly sweet. Carmel flavors all over this beer. Burnt sugar, raisin, plums the flavors are deep and complex. I cant believe what I am experiencing. They put this beer out once a year. Worth the trip to Cleveland.

There Is No Quad from The BottleHouse Brewing Company