Belgian Dubbel | Big Dog's Draft House

Availability: Spring

Added by BlindPig on 01-20-2007

Reviews by Inflames:
3.68/5  rDev -3.9%

Belgian Dubbel? Hell yeah I'll have one.

I believe this is a hard beer to mess up so I passed on the sampler and went for a goblet.

The appeareance is hard to review as the place is so dark but from what I could tell deep red.

Aroma is another difficult charectoristic to describe as I don't think you can get a good whiff through the cloud of smoke.

Upside is the taste and mouthfeel, this is the reason I will return. Balance isn't perfect but it is pretty close for this place. In the past I really haven't had anything that would make me want to take home a growler to my buddies, this is the exception.

Got this one from my buddy Dave from LV doing some canyons this weekend.

Pours a nice hazy amber/brown color, nice little off-white foamy head, with some minimal sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some nice yeast notes, and dark fruits. The taste is malty, yeasty, nice touch of figs, raisins, plums. Medium body. Drinkable, I like this one, good example of the style.

3.81/5  rDev -0.5%

A- Cloudy orange amber color with a thin kind of creamy looking head. Thin lacing that covered most of the top.
S- Kind of a weak smell. Light fruits, hints of light hops. Malt background was there too. Could pick up a few hints of alcohol.
T- First thing that comes in is the usual Dubbel fruits. Hints of yeast and malt are behind this. Light warming from alcohol on the back of throat. Couldn't really taste the hops but there was a little lingering bitterness in the aftertaste.
M- Medium body with medium to high carbonation (I thought it was a bit to highly carbonated).
D- This is a really tasty Dubbel. It is kind of average tasting (nothing to separate it from the crowd). For Vegas though this was a great find and I hope I can make it back a few times before they take this off the taps.

Belgian Dubbel from Big Dog's Draft House