Black Forest Stout | Alpine Beer Company

4.84 w/ 1 ratings

Alpine Beer Company
alpinebeerco.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by OStrungT on 11-30-2007

Liked:
4.84/5
Alströms:

4.84/5  rDev 0%

This beer pours a pitch black color, with a thin brown head. The head fades quickly, leaving very few laces.

This beer has a nice chocolate aroma. It also has a good raspberry aroma. It smells of sweet caramel malts. It has an ever so slight tart aroma from the raspberries.

This beer tastes just like it smells. Chocolate covered raspberries upfront. It has a sweet caramel flavor as well. Slightly tart, but only if I think about it for a while.

This beer goes down smooth, leaving a chocolate and raspberry aftertaste. It may just be a little over carbonated.

This beer would make a great session beer. It tastes great, and since the Capatin Stout, the base for this beer is low in alcohol, I assume this one is also.

Overall: I had this beer on tap at O'Brien's. It was great, just as everything else from Alpine is. I would buy this every time if I could.

Black Forest Stout from Alpine Beer Company