Reset Robot | BrewCult

Liked:
2.91/5
Alströms:

3.61/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

From a 330ml bottle, pours a cloudy pale yellow with a big white head.
Aroma citrus, tropical fruit, hint of malt.
Taste lemon, citrus, grape, very refreshing.

2.21/5  rDev 0%

A 3.5% sessionable "reset" beer seems like an odd choice for Hendo, who's usually pushing the boundaries. I guess doing the unexpected is just what I should expect from him. Tried on-tap at the Quarryman's Hotel in Pyrmont.

Pours a very hazy yellow colour, with a fair bit of weight to the body despite the ABV. Carbonation stands when the glass is tilted, and stays rather fine. Head is filmy, forming a faint streak across the top, and down the glass. It looks pretty decent: I particularly like the added weight to the body.

Nose is very strange, and I'm not sure I like it. Serious meaty ragu character with some dried orange peel left in the sun and some slight clove or phenolic characters as well. Hint of plasticky yeast doesn't help either. I feel as though something's wrong here.

Taste is pretty similar. Initial phenolics through the front, savoury orange bite with a metallic, meaty overtone. Vegetative characters come through on the mid, before a pretty yeasty back palate: floury and dank. Aftertaste is slightly coppery. I'm not sure what's happening here, but it's certainly not to my tastes. Feel is relatively full given its weight.

No, not much of a fan of that. Not quite sure what's going on here. It's actually relatively unpleasant, and for a pale, drinking-range beer, it really doesn't make me want to put it in my mouth.

Reset Robot from BrewCult