Sitzman's Steam | Coopersmith's Pub & Brewing

Style: California Common / Steam Beer

Added by Bitterbill on 05-11-2009

2.98/5  rDev 0%

From my notes of May 9th, 2009

I slightly hazy pour with a honey colour and a very small head of foam. Despite the weak foam, there's some lacing.

The smell is very light. I can sense some grain but not much else.

The taste has light graininess, some caramel malt and a light flavour of bread. A small hop bitterness shows up near the finish.

The mouthfeel is medium and the carbonation seems to start off brisk as I get a tingle on my tongue but settles into light territory after the first sip. There's definitely a harshness here that also affects my tongue but not in a good way.

Drinkability? Overall, I'd say not that good as I didn't want to sample another pint. That harshness in the mouthfeel was a big turn off for me. Just a so so beer in my opinion.

Sitzman's Steam from Coopersmith's Pub & Brewing