Modern Times / Other Half - Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear

Outstanding
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 14 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.25/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

If I die, then kill me now. Kill me when my last sip, my last breathe is from this beer. Dream of life, dream of anything, just dream... Don’t tell me about it now. And here I am, with Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear. And I am happy. I am content... just let me die.

4.69/5  rDev +10.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Excellent hazy triple with a deceiving ABV.

Had this on tap. Poured a veiled golden color with a straw smell and similar taste.

Nicely done Modern Times.

3.05/5  rDev -27.9%

On tap at Arch Bridge today.

I get it that it's not easy making a hazy, high abv. tipa. So if it's that hard, maybe don't try to make one.

The beer pours a hazy , opaque golden amber color with good head retention and decent lacing. The aroma profile is the first sign that there might be some problems with this beer. It smells quite sweet, with a fruit cocktail and tropical fruit aroma. There's also sone vanilla and orange creamsicle. Its OK, but the combination of sweet smells just doesn't blend together all that well. On the palate, this is a complete mess. The beer is very sweet and boozy, with all too noticeable alcohol on the finish. This beer is cloyingly sweet, to the point the sweetness is almost nauseating. Mouthfeel is fairly sweet and syrupy, with a hot, boozy finish.

Pretty much a drain pour here. One and done.... Won't be ordering this one again.

Modern Times / Other Half - Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear from Modern Times Beer