Cherry Blonde | Falling Down Beer Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Falling Down Beer Co.
fallingdownbeer.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Added by SerialTicker on 09-28-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
3.2/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Had on-tap at Falling Down.

Hm... just not the beer for me, I gotta say. The appearance is a surprisingly brown-ish color, and not as pale as I was expecting it to be. Really no head, and zero lacing. The aroma is slight cherry, with a good bit of clove. The taste is nearly identical to the aroma, with a pretty dominant clove flavor. The cherry's there, but muddled in the background. And really, I get more cherry tartness than I actually do get a cherry flavor. The carbonation is pretty prickly, and the beer is quite thin, so I could imagine some people loving this on a hot summer day. Personally, I don't care much for cloves... this beer lays it a bit thick, I think, and this almost drinks like a witbier with a touch of cherry added. Not horrific, but not something I'd be itching to have again.

Cherry Blonde from Falling Down Beer Co.