Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Tripel | Une Année

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

Une Année
Illinois, United States | website

Style: Tripel

The Tripel is often considered the most approachable of Belgian ales. An exhuberant flaxen hue, ours has a medium body with big fruit flavors, moderate spice and hints of American hops poking through.

Added by mocar on 12-28-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 37
3.81/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a really nice deep copper color with a huge white head, lesson here is pour this one slowly. I am seeing a lot of bubbles coming up from the bottom of my Duvel glass.

Not as strong a smell as I had expected. There's malt, yeast, citrus notes, and a hint of pepper spice.

Big spice notes up front. There's also a hint of citrus, and a Belgian yeast flavor. Somewhat peppery for the style, but has definite Belgian flavor notes.

Nice and smooth going down. let's you know this is a serious beer.

This is my first offering from this brewery, and I think they are off to a great start. While not my favorite US made triple, it is among the better ones I have tried. It has a Belgian character to it, the one thing I think could be improved is more fruit flavor. I am looking forward to trying more beers from this brewery, they just now have become available in my area.

Tripel from Une Année
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.