Love Belgian Beer?

Awaiting 10 Reviews

O'Fallon Brewery
Missouri, United States | website

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

We changed our Cocoa Cream Stout slightly this year by adding coffee! The base beer is a rich Cream Stout with soft, roasted, chocolate, caramel and coffee notes which we enhance with coffee and un-Dutched natural cocoa powder for a rich and intense balance between the two ingredients. We also use lactose (milk sugar) to add a subtle creamy sweetness to give the beer its Latte characteristic.

Added by Smextongo on 05-27-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 4
3.92/5  rDev -3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

Draft only but was able to grab a bottle from the brewery. This review is from late December 2012.

A - Dark brown, almost black. Very minimal head, if any.

S - Nice roasty notes with some chocolate - what you'd expect.

T - Was very enjoyable. More of what I experienced in the nose. Nothing overly complex, but very drinkable.

M - Lacking. This was the biggest let down. On the thin side of what you'd expect from a stout.

O - I enjoyed this one. It made me maybe think twice about O'fallon in the future.

4.88/5  rDev +20.8%

I had this beer quite a while ago so bear with me while I try to remember it.

A: Very dark brown with a tan head.

S: Very sweet but also somewhat bitter from the coffee in it.

T: Incredibly creamy and rich. It's not dense at all and it has a slight bitterness to it from the coffee.

M: Honestly, it lives up to its name. Your mouth is left feeling like you just drank a latte. It leaves your mouth feeling just slightly dry.

O: Fantastic beer that blew me away with the creamy taste. I love beers with coffee and chocolate and this was amazing.

It was supposedly only brewed in December 2012 and was only available on-tap. Hopefully it comes back in the winter again.

Cocoa Latte Stout from O'Fallon Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.