Pride | Lion's Heart Brewery

Style: English Pale Ale

Added by downes51 on 11-10-2013

3.77/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Like the other real ales from this new micro-brewery, this needs pouring carefully because of the yeast content. Providing you do that, you get a lovely clear bright copper-coloured ale with an excellent hop to malt balance.

I was told by the brewer that the intention was to copy the Fuller's London Pride recipe. I can't confirm that... it's just too long ago since I had any. But this is a very agreeable drink, the head is firm and lasts all the way down to the bottom. The label says it's 4% ABV but my feeling is that it's really a little stronger than that. I'm not complaining.

Highly recommended.