Centurion Rye IPA | Vindication Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Vindication Brewing Co.
Colorado, United States
vindicationbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Added by StoneTSR on 12-22-2013

Reviews by StoneTSR:
4.11/5  rDev 0%

I had one of these after a flight in the taproom and had to head home with a growler.

APPEARANCE: A white, foamy head quickly builds in my snifter as it is poured. About half of it vanishes within the first 30 seconds, but a nice, one-finger head with a variety of different bubble sizes remains intact for a while. Underneath it is a pretty, bright orange beer with a little chill haze. The lacing is a little soft up top, but as the surface level drops, the lace coverage increases until it is nearly solid all the way across the back of the glass.

SMELL: Citrusy with a nice does of grassy aroma. Pleasant smell, but I wish it were a little more intense.

TASTE: Very impressive. Spice wakes up the palate right off the bat. The fresh hops give this a big grassy element that pairs perfectly with bitter grapefruit, hints of orange and lemon and some tropical fruit flavors.

MOUTHFEEL: The spice combined with the solid carbonation give this been a zing. The intense bitterness causes my tongue to squirm a little bit, but there is just enough sweet malt to balance and make this a very drinkable beer.

OVERALL: I really like rye in my beer, so I was predisposed to enjoying this, however, this was a very well executed beer and it seems as though someone put a lot of thought in to creating the right balance here. If Kettle & Stone can remain consistent with this beer it will be a hit.

Centurion Rye IPA from Vindication Brewing Co.