Wet Hop Lager
Bissell Brothers Brewing Co.

Beer Geek Stats:
Style:
German Kellerbier / Zwickelbier
ABV:
Score:
Needs more ratings
4.09 | pDev: 9.05%
From:
Bissell Brothers Brewing Co.

Maine, United States
Avail:
Rotating
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Lager with local whole-cone Sterling hops from The Hop Yard in Gorham, ME.
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 9 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.94/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

On tap:
This one yanked me back and forth. A nicely hazed pale gold color with a cloud-like white head enticed me. The heavy cracker leaning bready malts has an unexplainable AAL side to it - a mix of mineral and grassy notes. Flavor is a tad sweeter than expected, with a lemon/grass counter (the wet hops don’t scream out in this pour). The feel is a bit softer and a tad bit more full than lighter lagers.

All things considered, this worked as a solid lager for me that I’d have again.

4.28/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

On tap at Mekong Restaurant, Richmond, Virginia. I'm always looking for a fresh hop beer that is low in %. If I drink a lager its going to be heavily hopped, and this meets my expectation. I ate spicy food with it and the pairing was awesome. I just really liked this beer and recommend it in the harvest time.

3.93/5  rDev -3.9%

Pours a little hazy gold color. Aroma is lager yeast with a little florals. Taste is light and fresh, not intense at all - I was expecting more with wet hops in the name. Mellow lager yeast and dainty citrus florals in the background. Feel is light and crisp with some seltzer. Very low bitterness. Not a bad beer. I'm not a big fan of lagers in general... so there's that.

Wet Hop Lager from Bissell Brothers Brewing Co.