Wheelhouse | Wolf's Ridge Brewing

wolfsridgebrewing.com

Style: Baltic Porter

Added by ckollias on 09-14-2016

3.75/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Black with light tan, dense, creamy head.

Smell is milk chocolate, artisan pizza crust, a little zesty floral hop, black pepper, and nutty cinnamon raisin bread.

Taste is sassafras, coffee, faint chocolate, with some dark fruit in the background I think I'm picking up more from the nose than in flavor.

You get a nice, dense and creamy intro from head, which isn't even on nitro, then a zippy tang in the middle, with a semi-dry finish.

3.81/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

5 0z pour on tap.

A: pitch black body no light escaping it, small mocha colored body.

S: roasted malts, slight coffee, chocolate

T: lots of dark fruit, prunes, dates,

M: lush and thick very chewy

O: I was a little put off by the huge amount of dark fruit taste, also although I like my stouts to be chewy my porters I want to be just a touch thinner. I can't place my finger on why this beer didn'the click for me, but I did not care for it.

4.5/5  rDev +11.9%