IPA

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 36 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.8/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Growler from the source.
Slightly hazy light golden color with a huge frothy white head that slowly recedes. Earthy citrus and light pine on the nose with bits of bread and light caramel to counter. Really tasty but a hint on the sweet side for my tastes.

4.59/5  rDev +15%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

From a 32oz growler, purchased at the brewery 05/07/16. Served in a (Tributary!) tulip. Consumed 05/09/16. Yes, it's 9 a.m. - don't judge me.

Pours a cheerful, slightly hazy pumpkin color with a short-lived two finger head of tight suds which leaves some sheets of lacing.

The smell is bright and fruity, caramel apple, pineapple and peaches.

Taste starts sweet and biscuity and finishes with a brisk, satisfyingly bitter hop snap. Strawberries and grapefruit pith, resinous, with clean straw and fir.

Mouthfeel is clean, light-to-medium bodied, and beautifully carbonated.

If I describe this as a 'classic IPA,' I totally don't mean that it is an 'average' IPA. This is the exact and precise ideal of what I think an IPA should be, in every respect and, were I simply rating to style, I'd be compelled to give it 5's across the board. Alas, my tastebuds have been corrupted by too many murky-fruit punch-NE-style-IPA's and the fact that I give this beer anything less than a perfect score reflects more on me than on this beer. Because I can find no fault with it.

(I sampled this IPA along with its big brother DIPA in a flight at the brewery and, although I didn't take notes at the time, I remember much preferring this one - enough, at least, that, despite normally having a strong bias toward DIPA's, this is the one I brought home with me).

4.77/5  rDev +19.5%

Sticky lacing. Golden pear color. Quietly boozy. Well balanced. Highly recommended IPA by Ted the Great! Thoroughly enjoyed it at Anju Noodle Kittery Maine.

4.5/5  rDev +12.8%

I am not IPA guy but this is the first IPA I could finish and wanted more! Tod poured me a glass on a bet that I would like it and I did. Super smooth with no bite. Awesome!

IPA from Tributary Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 88 out of 100 with 36 ratings