Exaggerator Double Bock | Snitz Creek Brewery

Snitz Creek Brewery
Pennsylvania, United States
snitzcreekbrewery.com

Style: Doppelbock

Dark copper, full bodied beer with a nice malty flavor in the front and finishes with caramel and slight hop notes. 7% ABV, 29 IBUs

Added by stakem on 07-29-2014

4.65/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

3.75/5  rDev -6.3%

4/5  rDev 0%

3.48/5  rDev -13%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

4.39/5  rDev +9.7%

I am sampling a cold growler poured into a snifter. I filled this growler during a recent visit to the brewpub.
The beer pours a clear mahogany color with some deep ruby highlights on the edge of the glass when held up to the light. I get very minimal surface foam on the pour, beige color and moves to the absolute thinnest of edge layers very quickly after the pour.
The aroma is caramel and toffee with some rich chocolate notes and a bit of dark fruit too, plums I pickup. I dont get any hops on the aroma for this beer which fits the style just fine. I also dont get any booze at this point in the sampling.
The first sip reveals an average bodied beer with fine and tingly carbonation. The texture is a little sticky but not too much and the beer is easy to drink at 7%.
Flavor is rich and malty just as the nose advertised up front.
I get caramel and rich chocolate notes with a little brown sugar and molasses too. Fairly complex malt backbone here. No hops or booze to be found. The finish is very clean leaves almost nothing in my palate after each sip.
This is a well crafted brew and I would definitely recommend to any doppelbock fans. It is a great beer in general, just dont expect any hops, since I just dont get them anywhere.
Great beer from a good new place in Central Pennsylvania!

3.75/5  rDev -6.3%