Social Fabric

Notes:
Reviews: 10 | Ratings: 46 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
SpeedwayJim from New York

4.04/5  rDev -6.3%

16oz. can into a Brookly Brewery snifter.

Despite the style, really a great looking brew. Nose is mango, papaya and clementine with a nice, juicy hop dankness. Beer opens citrus. Hints of mango, clementine, overripe pineapple and a touch of starfruit glazed over with cane sugar. Very sweet. More mango and some strawberry in the middle with loads and loads of cane sugar at the finish. Very solid but a bit too sweet for me. Body is light to medium with moderate to ample carbonation. Prickly and lively on the palate and goes down soft with a lingering, syrupy aftertaste.

A really solid beer overall if not a bit on the sweeter style. Really representative of the style of beer Finback puts out.

Jun 23, 2020
Anthony_Eaton

4.71/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Picked this up in a mixed 4-pack of IPA's and I couldn't be more excited. I ended up finding full 4-packs locally and have since gone through 3 four packs.

This beer pours very well with about one finger of head in my tulip style glass. Deep orange/yellow color with a very attractive haze. I could just stare at the color for hours but the smell starts to catch me and I can't resist any longer. Has a pretty dank smell but with some tropical fruits mixed in that balance perfectly. The taste is what sets this one apart of most IPA's I've had recently. Has a tiny bit of the pine but then just turns into the most juicy tropical mix of flavors that I've had from an IPA. It finishes with an interesting back note that I just can't put my finger on, the best way I can describe it is it's "meaty" almost a cooked rib eye steak flavor. This sounds horrible but ends up rounding out the flavor profile perfectly.

If you have the chance I would pick this one up immediately. Finback is killing it with their New England IPA's and this did not disappoint. I have considered buying everything off the shelves of my local Beverage Warehouse but I do want others to enjoy this one. Get it while you can!

Feb 13, 2020
ichorNet from Massachusetts

4.48/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Mosaic and Idaho 7 together in one lean, DDH DIPA from none other than our friends at Finback... how can this go wrong? I submit that it cannot, as these two hops together tend to produce some potent dankness and intense tropical scents and flavors that I trust Finback to put to good use. Let's jump right into it!

This pours like, well, juice. It's juice with a very retentive head of carbonation-driven foam, to be exact. Crazy good legs on top of this deep orange/yellow-hued hazy liquid. Actually, this pretty much transcends haze and is just opaque. There's no sign of light coming through it, but the color is quite nicely-saturated anyway. Awesome lace and surface coverage, too. Well, this is off to a good start (as long as you're in the mood for juice).

The nose is a perfect combination of these two mostly-dank hops, I'm happy to say! Pineapple, grapefruit rind, pine resin, tannic elements, red berries/redcurrant, grassy/green notes, and mango with a touch of ripe papaya as well. Idaho 7 has a hard time fitting in with a lot of more common hop varietals because its profile is pretty off-the-wall, so it's ironic that everyone's favorite chameleon, Mosaic, actually tames it in this recipe. For such a chimeric hop itself, it feels like Mosaic pulls I7 into a distinctly "green" direction, even highlighting some fun and funky chive/earthy notes that feel oddly at-home among the ripe fruit cocktail and tropical stuff happening.

On the palate, this is a super juicy and fun-to-drink bright DIPA with a definite sugared grapefruit note right upfront followed by a burst of grassy hops, papaya, guava, pineapple, and some earthiness in the finish. Between all of this are slight aspects of pine, tangerine rind, and various fresh berries. There's just a lot going on, but the nice, smooth feel keeps it all together while the carbonation, spritely as it is, surprisingly livens the experience up throughout. Overall, this is definitely one of my favorite recent Finback IPAs. As far as NE DIPAs go, this one is better than a whole lot of 'em. Pick it up while you can.

Jan 25, 2020
npolachek from New York

4.25/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours yellow with a white head. Great nose of citrus fruit with a good balance between the bitterness of the hops and the maltiness of the beer. Strong point of this beer is the smell over the pure taste, but decent brew either way.

Feb 10, 2019
deleted_user_1111368 from Delaware

4.05/5  rDev -6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Canned 10-23-18 into 16oz IPA glass.
L: Thick haze. Orange. Thick Haze. Light head, very little lacing.
S: Pineapple, Melon, Orange melange. Grapefruit. Tropical wash.
T: Matches the smell.. tops out with the pineapple up front.. more tropical mid-late. The flavors seem to cancel each other out, without the balance. I get a bit of alcohol mid.
F: Full, carbonated and mildly bitter. The bitterness holds on post drink. I little too grainy for me.
O: I love the smell.. I don't like the taste as much. The graininess is too strong throughout.

Dec 02, 2018
VelvetExtract from Massachusetts

4.21/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Can. Pours fairly opaque. Just a hint of clarity around the outer edges when held up to a light source. Nose is pretty pungent. No nonsense - this is a concentrated New England IPA. Almost smells like there is lactose in there. Flavor is bright yet powerful. Like a quick glimpse at the sun. Vibrant fruitiness that barrel rolls into a more abrasive pungent flavor. It checks the boxes for sure. The real question is: if all the upper echelon versions of this style taste the same do I reward or punish a beer like this?

Nov 08, 2018
johnnnniee from New Hampshire

3.76/5  rDev -12.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Can at Can Jam Deciduous edition shared by Tim I think, thanks!
Hazy earthy yellow color bubbly white head. Tropical mostly grapefruit with a huge sugary malt presence. The sweetness is a bit much here.

Nov 06, 2018
jykleo from New York

4.4/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

From Tap. Strong Hop and citrus smell. Moderate Carb. Creamy smooth taste.
Great balance of hops, molts etc. One of the favorite one.
(Mosaic/007)

Jul 19, 2018
jrc1093 from Connecticut

4.07/5  rDev -5.6%

Canned on/~ 6/9/18

Pours an opaque golden straw; the soft, creamy white head stays only short while, but leaves a ton of lacing in its wake.

Soft but thick hoppy whipped cream (if that makes any sense at all); this just smells like it'll be smooth. Subtle notes of banana, blueberry, mango, and earthy hops trail.

I'm getting candied cream, some tropical smoothie, hops, and bits of blueberry. There's this really unique, dank undertone that reminds me this is still an IPA, but still, it's almost sweet. This continues to be quite an experience...

Wow...the carbonation is heavy, and carries the flavors in an unbelievably balanced fashion; it's thick, smooth, and slick while remaining comfortable; a great example of a creamy (but not aggressive) mouthfeel.

This has to be one of the more unique IPAs I've come across. It's so creamy, you'd think there's some form of lactose involved, but instead we've got plenty of hop influenced fruit and earthy notes coming to play. All in all, I almost don't know how to respond to this one: it's creamy, fruity, earthy, and incredibly well-done...but a beer I may love one day and hate another due to its all-or-nothing profile notes.

Jun 16, 2018
twizzard from New York

4.65/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Wow. How does Finback continue to roll out terrific new IPA’sweek after week!? Dank and candied fruit on the nose which matches the taste. Gotta be in my top 3 New York brewers in a quickly becoming world class market!

Jun 15, 2018