Colossus Remembers

Jan 26, 2020
SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.

4.63 by ruzzal from Texas on Apr 25, 2020

4.27 by WickedBeer from Alabama on Feb 06, 2020
3.85/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4
by hoptheology from South Dakota

Brewery pour.

Really, I mean really, murky deep puddle water pour with a creamy thin head of 1 finger. A little unsettling scenery but I know this beer is gonna bring flavor.

Nose is full of wonderful ripe fridge fruit (is that a thing? just a basket, on its way out, but cold) - I'd say bananas, grapefruit, mango, peach, and pineapple. Some blueberry too for good measure. A fruit bomb on the nose. Slight mint or basil or something.

Flavor is a thyme bomb. Haha. Thyme. Bomb. Tick tick. Tons of herbal elements here, a good dose of rosemary too. Black pepper. Mint. I mean this thing is just an herbal explosion. Following with some orange juice, and then the thyme/rosemary pops up again. It's a bit annoying. Fruit is buried by stiff dry herb mixture.

Feel is creamy and acidic, lots of popping carbonation, a good bit of juice, resins, and moderate alcohol heat. Resiny finish. I feel like my tongue is being scraped with herbs.

Overall, a thyme, pepper, and rosemary bomb. That's all you need to know. I personally can't do it. If you like those spices (which I don't) you will like this beer. I can see the merit and there's no flaws, but damn I did not feel like drinking dried herbs.

Perhaps it just needs to mature a bit more. This was way too intensely herbal for me. If anything, it will go down in my history as the most herbal beer I've ever tried.

Jan 26, 2020