Auld Humdinger | Fox And Hounds / Houston Brewery Company

Availability: Fall

Added by kmacphail on 11-17-2008

Reviews by kmacphail:
1.92/5  rDev 0%

I sampled this in cask form at the 4th Ullapool Beer Festival.

The beer poured an amber brown colour with an off white head, this was nice intially but the head faded to suds about a quarter of the way down the pint.

The smell was not appealing, it reminded me of cooking apples being boiled; fruity but too sour. Almost as if the beer was not as fresh as it should have been or it may have been a bad keg. This sour fruit was present in the aftertaste after an initial hit of bitter hops, however these were a bit more tamed down but left the pint with an altogether bland taste. It personally left me feeling very unsatisfied.

The worst property of this pint was definately the body, I have never had such a weak bodied real ale, the texture of water. Overall a very dispointing beer from Houstons. Recently I have found that these are very much hit and miss.

Auld Humdinger from Fox And Hounds / Houston Brewery Company