Vlad The Second Order Of The Dragon Blueberry
Hailstorm Brewing Co.

Vlad The Second Order Of The Dragon BlueberryVlad The Second Order Of The Dragon Blueberry
Beer Geek Stats: | Print Shelf Talker
From:
Hailstorm Brewing Co.

Illinois, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 20
4.5/5  rDev +5.6%

Damn...loaded with natural blueberry flavor while not being too sweet with it.... most hidden booze ever in a beer....especially one this potent.... this one is an ass kicker at 14.1% and it drinks like an 8% offering... it's like a big blueberry fudge bomb and its damn delicious... never had a bad offering from these guys... I've had several of the variants and they all rock...hard... this one is no exception... it's just incredibly well blended and never one dimensional

Highly highly recommended....

3.81/5  rDev -10.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I'll need to be somewhat objective with my review, as I am not into fruited stouts - particularly as involve berries: here we go...

Vlad Blueberry smells quite strongly of blueberry. Thankfully, the berries smell quite natural - that really does recommend it. It pours a very a deep black in color without a very remarkable presence of head or carbonation. The taste and mouth feel are curious - I couldn't really find the barrel presence, though the taste is quite decent. There's a certain amount of heat from the bourbon barrel, and the sweetness from the blueberries creates an interesting clash of sensations. It reminded me of drinking a certain spicy Brazilian mixed drink that I once has - wish I could recall what it was...

I've read multiple reviews that state coffee and maple are the truly amazing variants of Vlad. I look forward to tasting those. Blueberry is not for me.

4.31/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This was a fun one. Sweet and juicy blueberry was actually the main front flavor along with vanilla, followed by malt and bourbon notes. Smell was muted a bit with malt heavy aromas. The blueberry didn't come through as strongly as it does on the taste. The body is syrupy and boozy which meld together with the sweetness of the beer. Would love if they tried maple and blueberry together BA.

Vlad The Second Order Of The Dragon Blueberry from Hailstorm Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 93 out of 100 with 20 ratings